Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desperate need for help! This is from a Yahoo forum I am getting help in...

Ok..good info. When it first started the bike had been sitting for
like 12 hours, so it was totally cool. I heard clicking sounds so I
took off the seat and it sounded like a relay was freaking out. Then
later on, I pulled the fan switch wire and the noise was still
there. So then it sounds like a relay has maybe gone bad.

Now the next question...which relay controls the fan?

Also kind of wondering if I just leave the fan disconnected if I will
be ok, or if it will overheat very quickly? I mean I would assume
that much of the cooling comes from the air outside, and not the
actual fan itself.

Thanks again for any help with this.


--- In
[email protected], "Beavis" <[email protected]> wrote:
> You can tell by unpluging the fan switch, if the fan quits, the
> switch is the culpret, it is on the bottom of the radiator, oposite
> of the lower hose. one wire plug on it. hook up your fan as normal,
> verify still running, then pull the switch wire. if stops, replace
> switch, providing radiator isnt really hot enough for it to be on
> normally.
> come see us at www.vn750.com then pick forum.
> beavis
>
>
> --- In
[email protected], "Beaker" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hey folks..new here..trying to fix my bike.
> >
> > Recently the fan started making a strange noise, it was barely
> > turning. Then after a day of that, the fan was just running at
> full
> > speed all the time. I ended up just disconnecting power to it so
> it
> > didnt drain my batter.
> >
> > Question is, is it the fan switch that went bad, or is it
something
> > else? I wouldnt be a big deal, cept that a fan switch is $80, so
I
> > dont want to just buy that and it not be the fix.
> >
> > Any help would be great.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jayme
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok..so nobody replied here but I got my issue fixed. Ended up being the fuse box is where the fan relay is, which happens to be right below where my POS wet battery is. Anyways when I took the fuse box apart, it had battery acid all inside and was all messed up. I cleaned the PCB with alcohol and resoldered many of the connections.


That took care of my problem...

So get a MF battery and you wont have to sweat this stuff..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
glad to hear you have it fixed.
beavis
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top