Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I am bringing back to life a 1996 VN750. When I bought it the carb hoses were disconnected. I am confused about how they are attached. Looking down at the carbs from the top the two float bowl hoses are to be teed together. (black plastic bibs) These are the gas intakes. Is that correct??? There are two outer black plastic connectors further out from the center. Where do these go? Also, there is a smaller brass nipple on the carb side. Where does that hose go? My Clymer does not make that clear. Thanks, Lew

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
The inboard hoses with the tee are the carb vents. Need to keep the end out of the wind, inside the back of the air filter housing is the stock location.

The other set of elbows are the fuel inlets.

The ports on the outboard side of each carb are vacuum ports. Left side goes to the center port of the petcock, right side goes to the air valve just in front of the battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spockster, I thank you for your help. That brings up another question. If the inboard hoses are air vents it looks as each hose has a small red gas filter installed. Why did the previous owner put those in those lines???? Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Here's a diagram. It could be that the previous owner has the lines mixed up, or my description of inboard/outboard has confused things. They don't run right with the fuel supply connected to the vents.

The black plastic nipples should be the fuel inlets. Part numbers for the fuel hoses - 92059 and 92059A. Note the position beside the float chamber.

Vents are 92059B and C.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spockster--- You are absolutely correct. The previous owner joined the vend and gas lines together. (that is what confused me) He also put small gas filters in the air vent lines. (more confusion on my part)Thanks for your help. Lew

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Spockster--- You are absolutely correct. The previous owner joined the vend and gas lines together. (that is what confused me) He also put small gas filters in the air vent lines. (more confusion on my part)Thanks for your help. Lew
You're welcome, happy to help. It's happened before, people getting the hoses mixed up. They run better with the hoses in the right place. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts