Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I got everything disconnected from the carbs. The boots are disconnected at the carbs. I cannot get the carbs out. I have tried to get the boots disconnected from the heads to no avail Is there any tricks to getting the boots out of there??? Thanks, Lew

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Greetings, I got everything disconnected from the carbs. The boots are disconnected at the carbs. I cannot get the carbs out. I have tried to get the boots disconnected from the heads to no avail Is there any tricks to getting the boots out of there??? Thanks, Lew
The carb boots go on in a precise way, therefore it's wise to disconnect the left side front cylinder boot from the carb but leave the left front boot connected tight to the cylinder.

Get the rear right carb boot reconnected to the carb and tighten the clamp sufficiently.

Then disconnect the right side rear cylinder boot from the cylinder but leave the boot connected tight to the carb.

This way the carbs and boots will be lined up correctly when you put the carbs back on.

The boots are likely stuck and need some severe wiggling.
Careful you don't puncture or tear the boots with a screwdriver or some such tool.

Once the front carb is loose from the boot and the rear carb is loose from the cylinder, the carb set should twist out to the right side.

·
Registered
736 Posts
A little lubricant helps if you have some WD-40, silicone, white lithium, etc. It's somewhat of a twist & pull & cuss & sweat motion...

I've pulled 'em like 3 times, it's never an easy task.

·
Registered
112 Posts
since people are talking about it and i never noticed before, i took a pic of the marks on the cylinder and the boot to show the reference marks for lining the boots up correctly. I didn't, and had to take the carb/boots back off the chase a vacuum leak.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts