Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 vn750 with 3000 miles on it in good shape (at least what i can see from the pic's) seller is asking $2500. what do all of you think?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Not to far out of line.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would make sure a qualified mechanic went over it with a fine tooth comb since it has not barely averaged 300 miles a year. Has it been in storage?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hm.

If anything, I'd be worried about the bike having too few miles. First Vulcan I bought actually spent last 2 years sitting still, and no matter how hard me and my mechanic friends struggled, we just couldn't get the cylinder rings to expand and actually form a seal and pressurize. Total loss.

So definitely have it well checked out before commiting to buy. Otherwise, doesn't sound as a bad pricetag, especially if it's mainly in pristine condition implied by mileage.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i was having the same thoughts about too few miles. don't know what is up with that. but i will ask and see if it's been stored or just not ridden much. either way, is this a bad thing? should i just keep looking?

·
Registered
659 Posts
My 95 had 2800 miles on it when I bought it in May '06. I paid $2400 and feel I got a fair deal. Definitely have it checked out though.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, here's an update; the bike now has 4,000 miles on it. i believe the seller is still ridding it. the seller has just told me that they ride the bike for 4 months and store it for the winter for 7 months. wow! 7 months for winter? i'm lucky if i store my bike for 5 months for winter.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm thinking of checking it out. do you think i could get them to come down on the price any more? $2500 is the "asking" price!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, the bike is still for sale and the seller is now asking $2400 for it. i'm going to try and see if we can take a look at it tomorrow (Sunday). i'll let you know what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts