Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1994 VN750 I picked up out of the classifieds today

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Goofyfoot2001 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up this red 94 VN today out of our classifieds on the site for $400. Thread here :http://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/88090-selling.html

Came with a windshield, saddle bags, and a matching helmet.

Gas tank has some rust internally, but structurally sound. The rust was preventing it from running so I swapped my tank from my 05 and it fired right up. :rockon:

Basically I just have to clean the tank and it's good to go. I've ridden it tonight within 20 mins of getting it out of the truck and it's smooth as butter. :) Look forward to a big cleanup on it as it has sat for many years and needs it. Pics, as always, will follow.

These pics from when I rolled it off the truck tonight.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here's the big crank 220 amp battery with top and side mount style posts, like this battery a lot. The windshield as well. The matching new helmet and Lastly the saddle bags.

As a side bonus. Some new blinkers in the box in plastic, a new clutch lever in the packaging, and a Haynes manual.

It came with a lot of extra goodies and runs great. Can't complain for $400......

Reactions: Gaz73
#5 ·
They are definitely an addiction you can get them for next to nothing and they are fantastic bikes if you can work on them. you can buy them for pennies that are non running and have m going by the end of the evening for the cost of a paper clips and duct tape and quick MacGyver lesson

#6 ·
Damn that’s a great steal. So what was it exactly? Did the fuel have too much rust in it to run or did the rust plug up a port.

Reactions: One1
#9 ·
As I clean up the bike, one of my fav mods for a red bike is to take 2 rear red lenses and stick them on the sides to replace the Amber's. Looks totally better, and while at it I repainted my plastics of course.

#11 ·
Red reflectors look cool, but I wonder if some states (ala California) would find a reason to complain about it.

Either way, I like it.

#13 ·
The guys who have those customs here don't actually ride them though. Starbucks every other Sunday doesn't count. >:)

#15 ·
Lotta detailing done. She's looking better. Still many hrs to go. Mechanical always comes first so now that it's top notch I can get to the good stuff.

Reactions: Gaz73
#20 ·
Amazing what a little time and effort can achieve.

#21 ·
Wow, looks real nice. You've been busy.
How'd you do the gauges? Did you take them off or do it on the bike.
Also what color and brand did you paint the wheels with?

#22 ·
I've gotten really good at painting on the bike using very large sheets of masking tape. I'm going to be doing the block in black as well. For the gauges I use product called cover maxx buy Krylon which shoots about twice as thick as all the other paints I've ever used

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.