Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. I have an opportunity to buy a 1994 VN750 for about $200. It appears to have damage around the front end at the headlight area, but the front wheel and fender look intact. I have only seen pictures of it. It is at a towing place and all they want is to recover the storage charges.

The catch is... it will not come with the ownership. How legal/safe is it to buy this bike and part it out when I don't have the title papers?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Research your local laws. Depending on where it is ( I know nothing aboot Canadian laws) towing places are allowed to take ownership of unclaimed property after so long. They are then allowed to sell said property as long as they have filed all the applicable paperwork.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Just keep the receipt when you buy it and part it out. The only part you can't sell without the title is the frame.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Just keep the receipt when you buy it and part it out. The only part you can't sell without the title is the frame.
not true, you are not required to have a title for a frame if it is sold for parts. ive bought several frames and welded new necks on them and titled them.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
not true, you are not required to have a title for a frame if it is sold for parts. ive bought several frames and welded new necks on them and titled them.
Goofin would know more about that than I do....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts