Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[Posting this to VN750.com is kinda like selling frozen fish to Eskimos, but at least I can skip the blurbage summarizing the bike's specs and whatnot.]

I bought this bike last year used (I'm at least the 4th owner) from someone who had not ridden it very much in the previous 2-3 years, and took care of most of the "old bike" maintenance: aside from the routine oil/filter/brake fluid changes, I also got brand new tires and brake pads, and put in Iridium spark plugs, K&N performance air filters and a new maintenance-free battery (with leads for a battery tender). I also changed the bulbs in the speedo and tach, which were getting dim.

I've outfitted it for long distance riding with the following accessories, totaling over $800 in cost (not including installation):

• National Cycle windscreen (Deflector DX) - easy to remove/put back on
  • BrakeAway throttle locking system - linked to the brakes and automatically disengages if you use either one
  • Symtec heated hand grips - a three-stage electric heater (Hi/Lo/Off) under the hand grips
  • Kuryakyn ISO handlebar grips - Thicker than the stock ones, which feel like they came off of a Schwinn bicycle. (Stock grips included)
  • A pair of Stebel TM80 air horns - These WLL be heard through SUV doors with the windows shut and a radio jacked up!
  • Kawasaki OEM chrome luggage rack and black leather rack bag (see pictures)
  • Farkles: metal grill cover, OEM engine guard and chrome headlight visor, aftermarket mirrors (stock mirrors included).
So if I did all this, why am I selling it after one year? Because I like it so much I got a newer one! (A 2004 VN750 I found with only 550 miles on it!)

As I said, the bike is in good condition with low miles for its age (27,500 miles is more typical of a bike about 7-8 years old), and it's been my nearly daily rider for a year. However it is not new, and I am not its first or second or even third owner, so here are my disclaimers:
  • I have not dropped this bike, but I'd bet it's been dropped in its past, at least in a parking lot. There are scratches on the right side exhaust.
  • There are some dents on the top of the front wheel fender, because for a while I had a fork bag with metal tools in it that kept sliding down the forks and hitting the fender as I went over bumps.
  • Which reminds me, the fork springs (front end shocks) need to be replaced (about $100 cost). They were already rather soft when I got the bike and after 3,000+ more miles, many of them in the city, they feel noticeably "squishy".
Below are pics of the bike, from the front and the rear. I pretty much never wash my bike, so it looks kinda dingy. Nothing some soap, water and maybe wax wouldn't fix though.

I have a clear title for immediate transfer, and can show the bike by appointment weeknight evenings, or ride it in to work in Midtown Manhattan any weekday (parking it in the street near 52nd and Park Ave.).

Thanks for looking!

Pics:

Front view -

Rear view -

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Very nice looking bike. How'd you get the Symtec heated handgrips to work without blowing the electrical system?

·
Registered
950 Posts
maybe he has a Deep cycle marine battery in that huge ass luggage bag on back???

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice looking bike. How'd you get the Symtec heated handgrips to work without blowing the electrical system?
The Big Crank battery I dropped in seems to hold up fine. I never use it on the HI setting, it's too hot anyway, and the LO setting may draw low enough power that it's not a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts