Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 750 died on me last year, the rod from the shifter disconnected from the transmission, leaving the bike stuck in 1st gear. I figured I'd try to sell it as a whole first before parting it out. I've since purchased a 2011 VN900.

I also have the bike listed on craigslist. Figured I'd see if anyone on here was interested in it as a whole before I parted it out:

1994 Vulcan 750 for sale for parts. The engine runs excellent, but the shifter disconnected from the transmission, necessitating an engine split. Figured I would try to sell it as a whole before parting it out.

Before the transmission went, I had just had the bike completely detailed. The forks have been completely redone, with only 500 miles on them. The front brakes are almost brand new, with less than 500 miles on them. The tires are in good condition. Instrument cluster has zero rust. I had also just put on new hi-way pegs. The engine has 40K miles on it, and it runs excellent. I also had just replaced all the water hoses, they are brand new also. Engine also has Tuxedo Stator Modification. TOC manual cam tensioners also included.

The picture was taken 1 week before the transmission went.

Email me at [email protected] for more info and larger pics.

Attachments

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot the price... I'm asking $550 for all of it... There's also lots of extra parts I haven't even listed....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Were you sellin an engine alone awhile back on HV Craigs ?...there was one for sale in Newburgh....

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope that wasn't me.....

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That's a smokin' deal, even with the miles. Too far from me, but it has stuff I want.

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
If you decide to part it out Im intrested in the carbs.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I've since purchased a 2011 VN900.
Awesome Bike! Congrats!

I have a 2008 VN900 Classic lt. I love my bike and have done a number of mods: Let me know if you have any questions

210 rear meltzer 880
front overdrive pulley
V&H slash cuts (black)
Barons big air kit
EJK Jet fuel kit
tank bib
leather grips
heated gloves (not on bike)
and on and on.

Of course I have no second form of transportation so it's not all good....but when I'm on that bike it's the best feeling in the world!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Let's just start a relay and let it work it's way south.

Dibs on the highway bar, pegs, and the TOCs! :) Mmm, those pipes are lookin' aftermarket too.

Maybe I should volunteer to take a load into Long Island, then get "lost" on the way back out.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Im less than a half hour from there...if somebody wants it, I can get it for ya and store it until (just work out the payment with the owner)...and if yer in the midwest, you can pickup my frame....
But I got room to store it for up to say 6 mos....

For that price, do all the extras come with it ?....if not, what are the extra parts ?...I might ride up this week....you were near Balmville, right ?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I hate to disappoint all of you parts hounds but I've spoken to Pete and am picking the bike up tomorrow.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yer drivin up from Georgia, huh ???....well brother....hope ya do....and ya best stop here on yer way (and it IS on yer way).....that way I can feed ya nice, and show ya the sights....bring yer ol lady with ya....I still gotta hug ya both....

BTW....Peter....you related to Ralph C. Hermann Equipment ?...I used to buy a lotta stuff from them when I was a Facilities super in Rockland County....I spent about a million there....seriously....tractors, riding mowers, street vacs...almost got a Unimog.....
You GOTTA be related.....second cousin discounts ?....lol....kiddin....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Sonta....PM KC2 about them....

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So FoolAmI picked up the bike yesterday. Real sad to see her go, but she's going to a good home down South in Dixie.

Look forward to hearing about her being back on the road again real soon........

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Happy it worked out.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.