Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding my bike the bike runs well most of the time, but sometimes when I decelerate and pull the clutch in the RPMs drop dangerously low (600-700) and even on fairly regular occasion the bike will stall (I ride 5 days a week to work and perhaps one day a week I'll stall when coming to a stop light, she fires right back up though) Sometimes the bike runs rough when I'm moving slowly through a parking lot as well. The RPM gauge bounces all over the place. Seems to run fine once I'm up to 3k+ RPMs.

I replaced the battery with one recommended from this side (Yakuza I think it was) Also, I had the ticking from the ACCTs so I replaced both of those with the TOC MCCTS. Also, I have marbled the two emissions lines. The bike was behaving this way before I did these things, and none of these things have seemed to help. Also, I've tried adjusting the idle but when the bike is just sitting in a parking lot it idles at the right RPM, and after I come to a stop if the bike doesn't stop it hops back up to the proper idle RPM.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean, I put the message under the Carb/Fuel section, but I'm not even sure that is the root of the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Following on lugit's post, but I'd first say that your carbs may need a good cleaning. Have you done that yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I have a Haynes manual though and a semi-free weekend so I was planning on taking the gas tank off and ripping in to the carbs. I have an AF leak too so hopefully I can kill two birds with one stone. Is there anything specific I should do/look for while doing the carbs?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I think you have one or both slow jets partially blocked with gum or varnish.

If you have some Seafoam, or any carb/fuel injector cleaner handy, pour 6-8 ounces in the tank tonight and run the engine for 5 minutes to get it into the carbs to soak overnight. See if it runs any better tomorrow.

X2 to a carb cleaning. I`m not sure if the coasting enrichener diaphram/circuit could cause the low idle or not. It is really designed to stop the popping in the exhaust when decelerating.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the tank off today and discovered a tiny pinhole in the vacuum line to the fuel valve, do you think that could be the cause? I'd like to avoid ripping the whole big apart if I can. Unfortunately I saw your seafoam over night suggestion after I had the tank off, perhaps I'll stick it back on and do that tonight. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Another alternative is to drain the fuel from the carb (there's a bolt for that) and refill carb with straight Sea Foam. Puts the concentrated stuff where you need it. Can use a syringe from the vet, turkey baster, small funnel, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced the vac line and capped off the other vac line to the emissions valve. Bike is running great. Even turned the idle down to 1000RPM and she hasn't stalled. Also, took the advice of running to walmart and throwing in some sea foam as an added kick just in case. Thanks for the advice guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts