Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys doing a rebuild of a 1992 Vulcan VN750 and I am wondering if anyone knows of any nice metal lockable saddlebags. Hoping for a similar look to the harley type that sorta shape with the bike but definitely want metal. Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
You'll probably have to custom-fabricate stuff for it. My bike came with hard plastic "Letherlyke" bags (sp?) but I haven't found much info on them. Aftermarket isn't great for these bikes since they haven't been produced in 15 years, but you should be able to fabricate something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll probably have to custom-fabricate stuff for it. My bike came with hard plastic "Letherlyke" bags (sp?) but I haven't found much info on them. Aftermarket isn't great for these bikes since they haven't been produced in 15 years, but you should be able to fabricate somethin
You'll probably have to custom-fabricate stuff for it. My bike came with hard plastic "Letherlyke" bags (sp?) but I haven't found much info on them. Aftermarket isn't great for these bikes since they haven't been produced in 15 years, but you should be able to fabricate something.
[/QUOTE

Thank you makes sense. I wish I could get lucky with one easy piece or part haha

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
I don’t think I’ve seen metal side cases for this bike. Most hard cases are plastic.
I would guess you just need to find the cases you want and fabricate your own mounts for them.
I’ve seen folks mount military ammo cans as side cases, but I imagine you want something less rat bike. 😉

I Mounted these Givi bags to my Bonneville by making my own mounts:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts