Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why dosent my spark plug titen it tells me its tight but when i put the plug wire on it it wiggles back and forth it starts but has bad back fire . i dont know how to get it to stop back firing. mostly back fires when letting off throtel. but also when idaeling.

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
Spark plug wiggles or the spark plug cap?

If it’s the spark plug, the threads might be stripped out.
If it’s just the cap, you need a new cap.

If it’s letting air in because the plug is loose, that would explain your backfires.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
The cap can move a tiny bit, so it depends how much movement you're seeing.

·
Member? ... check.
554 Posts
Careful about any socket you are using. It is easy to bind the socket on the walls of the deep wells the plus are in.

Reactions: Thorn

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I used this cheap ass lawn mower socket tool from Home Depot and it worked like a charm. fit right in the deep slots with clearance.

3B28E547-5FD8-4344-A9D1-09F21C701273.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It ant the cap and I changed my oil and I used needle noise to tighten spark plug and it's not as bad of a back fire but there is still back fire just not as hard or often.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
These bikes are known to “pop” on deceleration, basically any time you rev it and let off the gas it’ll pop, especially if the bike is set up as stock.
When these bikes actually backfire it sounds like a cannon going off.
Which one are you experiencing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does pop and crackle like it should. But there's a exstra pop in there every so often . It sounds like it's under the gas tank coming fro the rubber pice that connects the carb to the head. Then it back fires not after I feel the pop under the tank but it does it maenly when if wants to . Some time it sounds like a hi powered rifle went off. That's uselly if I get on it more .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Idk if this is something that would help but the head light stop working so I ran it detect and it worked so it's not the light it self. I was taking if and killed it. And the head light shut off and never came back on. I check fuses and ran it detect to see if it was head light. But it worked still have to run it detect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts