Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to look at yet another bike on Saturday. Well not really look so much as I'm picking it up. I didn't see it yet but I'm told it only has 700 miles on it. It's a long story but it's a 1990 and it hasn't run in over 20 years (probably longer). I'm helping a lady out by taking it off the property due to a death in the family. They just need it pulled out of there! I got the lead from the cycle shop that sold me the 2003 project that I'm working on now. This should be interesting and hopefully I can get the title transferred by someone in the family. Pictures will be posted on Saturday, wish me luck.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to look at yet another bike on Saturday. Well not really look so much as I'm picking it up. I didn't see it yet but I'm told it only has 700 miles on it. It's a long story but it's a 1990 and it hasn't run in over 20 years (probably longer). I'm helping a lady out by taking it off the property due to a death in the family. They just need it pulled out of there! I got the lead from the cycle shop that sold me the 2003 project that I'm working on now. This should be interesting and hopefully I can get the title transferred by someone in the family. Pictures will be posted on Saturday, wish me luck.
By Pulled out of there I mean it's in the garage. Not outside!

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it was 700 miles on the trip odometer, it was actually 8,500 miles and it wasn't always in a garage, they had it in a barn for 20 years so he's what a barn find looks like.

And here's what it looks like washed

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the next 2 things that has to happen is I need to pull the ignition cylinder and take it to a locksmith to have a key make, Then I can open up the gas tank to see what shape it's in. I'll probably take the engine guard off and clean it up to sell like I did with the one on the 2003. So if anyone is interested in one I have one off now and ready to go. Looks almost brand new and comes with all the hardware including spacers and instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dude I just picked up another 750 after years of not having one. $700 for a 95 with 5000 miles on it. She has been parked in a barn since 2007 (with 2/3 tank of gas too grumble) and is in near mint condition.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You people and your barn finds!
My only solace is that I still haven't figured out how to ride two bikes at the same time.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,324 Posts
You people and your barn finds!
My only solace is that I still haven't figured out how to ride two bikes at the same time.
Multiple personalities might help... Nice find Sharky

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, after 20 years of sitting I got her running Sunday.
Fresh oil, plugs, battery, gas, and it fired up with only a few cranks. Flushed the front brakes and bled them so now they work.
Aired up the tires and took one spin around the block and it shifted perfectly. Still some minor work. Needs new filter pods, they were deteriorated and full of mice droppings, throttle cable needs lubed and choke lever is stuck.

Reactions: mmart

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Engine guard was removed tonight. I posted pics in the For Sale section if anyone is interested.

·
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wouldn’t ride it around much with 30 year old tires 😉
Only rode it around the block to see how it shifts, got it up to 3rd and runs good. New tires are on the way so hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll have them and get them mounted. Somebody's going to have a Sweet Ride when I get done with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts