Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Depends on how far you want to go with it. I put $2000 and a lot of work into a free '85 Goldwing LTD, finally gave up and sold it for $500 to a guy that was going to part it out. I lost $1500 and all that work, and the frustration that went with it.
Oh come on now Jerry ,that's the fun part.;)

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Im a hoarder...of bikes and bike parts, atvs and atv parts, and trucks and truck parts...

I have 2 Ford Rangers...one is my daily driver the other is a project truck im fixing up to be a winter beater.
I have tons of miscellaneous ford ranger and explorer parts in my garage and sheds.

I currently have 4 motorcycles now...only 1 is currently rideable..the other 3 are being fixed up...and I have tons of bike parts in my garage and sheds.

I have 2 atvs and tons of spare parts for them too.

I have more projects than time and money now lol.
But the key is...im not in a big hurry to finish them all at once...

The other Ranger I am now working on, should be on the road by end of October. If not sooner.
The other bikes will be for next summer and fall.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Known how ya feel .have 8 bikes. 1 running,1 jetta 1 bug and parts every where.i have people stopping by all the time asking "do you have a _____ for a 19xx ____"

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Had a friend stop by today looking for a two up sporty seat.he just picked up a cool ironhead but had a solo sprung seat that would look much better on MY ironhead so i traded even up.seems like he likes to ride with his ole lady.;)

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got a friend on FB that works at a Kawi dealership in the parts room and can hook me up with a discount on parts for my 3 project bikes. .wohoo

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Got a friend on FB that works at a Kawi dealership in the parts room and can hook me up with a discount on parts for my 3 project bikes. .wohoo
Aren't you fortunate ! WTG ! Good for you! :smiley_th :smiley_th

LOL

:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
The 454 was a really cool bike. I had a brand new '86 model. One of the dumbest things I ever did was trade it for a new '88 EX500. I knew I had made a serious mistake on the ride home.

I have 3 cars, a truck, 4 motorcycles (one is a parts bike) 2 scooters, and 2 mopeds. That's TWELVE vehicles, 11 of which are registered, insured, and running. I have 2 huge boxes of assorted bike parts.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Having issues with the title with this bike and now the kid who sold it to me isnt replying to my txts or calls...
His name isnt even on the title...

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My neighbor who is a county sheriff is going to help me. He came over and pulled the vin and engine number and said it didnt come up stolen..and he would help me find the registered owner so I can get a title.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
I would have just got my ol' lady to forge the signature and if it for some reason needed to be notarized then I go hey grandma can you stamp this for me lol

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Not that simple.
The title was already filled out.
Looks like the registered owner Adam Nelson filled it out and sold it to Evan Goodier he never transferred it over and then he sold it to the guy I bought it from.

·
professional dog walker
4 Posts
wow, I just bought an 85 Vn700 on craigslist for 400 dollars that hopefully just needs some carb work and fluid changes and such. When i finally get it to my house i'll take pictures and make a thread for it. Good buy man!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts