Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm a new user BTW.

The air box that runs from behind the radiator and up over the front cylinder is really in the way. Is there a better way to get this out of the way than removing the radiator? Is there an aftermarket replacement that is smaller? I would like a complete coversion if possible. Is the newer models' air box smaller (so I could upgrade to it)? That box makes access to the carbs and the top of the cylinders practically impossible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
YOu pretty much can't get the whole airbox out without removing the radiator, engine, and just about everything else (unless you destroy the stock airbox). Yes, there are a couple of replacement kits out there, but I have no experience with them. Be forewarned, they run $200+. I don't believe the newer ones are any different (but someone else might want to confirm this)

Yes, the airbox makes carb work a colossal pain in the ass (not to mention it is bulky and ugly...in my opinion). I am removing mine entirely (along with all my emission controls). I am in the process of plugging the tank, plugging the evap inlet on the carb, switching to a vented cap on the fuel tank, and adding pod filters to the carbs and case...am I forgetting anything?

I think that will do it...who knows for sure until I am done, right?

I hope that helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts