Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing front fork seals fork springs are two pieces short one approx. 3" clymers does not show this, is it common?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
That spring is 1 piece for sure. If there's 2 there yours is likely broken.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There are actualy 3 springs in the fork. 1 Main spring (big long one) 1 smaller rebound spring about 3" and 1 oil lock spring about 2". None of which are of the same size length, internal, external dimensions or compression. A broken spring turning into two pieces is not likely, sounds like the rebound spring your talking about here. Or a previous owner did something.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Need pictures!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
for sure

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the rebound spring is the same diameter as the main fork spring , then I have it, but I still am missing the damper rod piston! Hey! I didn't take it apart so with out seeing the part I don't know what it looks like.( this is a friends bike he bought new in 1986 it has 9200 mi. ) In the Clymer it looks like a washer. We took the forks to a motorcycle shop to remove the hex bolts and they say they don't have them (the damper pistons). If anybody has or knows where I can see a close up picture of one , I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can get a pair of forks off fleabay for $100. Forks That might be the way to go, just don't know what it would cost to repair the ones you have if you have parts missing.

Here's a left fork for $48.... Left fork

·
Registered
619 Posts
If the rebound spring is the same diameter as the main fork spring , then I have it, but I still am missing the damper rod piston! Hey! I didn't take it apart so with out seeing the part I don't know what it looks like.( this is a friends bike he bought new in 1986 it has 9200 mi. ) In the Clymer it looks like a washer. We took the forks to a motorcycle shop to remove the hex bolts and they say they don't have them (the damper pistons). If anybody has or knows where I can see a close up picture of one , I would appreciate it.
Check out Roach's rebuild vids and see if they help http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19423

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is hard to tell from the video( I have watched it 8 times ) but the spring has to be the same size as the main fork spring. I put everything back and am ready to pour oil!
Thanks everybody !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts