Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 1986 and wonder if that is a little old .It has 17.5 k (if spdo has not been tampered with) and some minor rust with small dent in gas tank.Party is asking 1900 but I think that is too high...what is it worth?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Sounds a bit high for an 86. I have an 85 and paid only $600 (granted it needed more work then the one you are looking at...lawd knows I've put at least $1.5K into it since).

How's the rest of the bike? How does it run?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has plenty of power ,but hard starting even when warm. everything works but seems to have some rust at cyl bases (but light),wheels look as if they have been on salted roads (corosion), but not much. I am thinking 1500 would be more trhan enough.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought my 86 for $600 last fall. After all the work and parts installed to make it trully "mine" I have around $2500 in her. That includes V-force windshield, Saddle bags and Kawasaki supports with turn signal relocation, and my never to be given up Vance & Hines Cruzers. Who cares what NADA says, it's what your willing to pay. I wouldn't sell mine for $3500 if you offered me cash right now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after all the input , I didn't buy it. I bought a 1996 with 3500 mi's instead. Paid $3k for it but it is cherry and 10 years newer. Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.