Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1985 Vulcan 700

Been sitting for many years. I took it in exchange for money owed. He had put drag bars on & modified the rear a bit. I put stock bar back but having issues with the wiring & controls. He was making it lighter & I like it more stock. So, I have a bit of work.
Started up & ran but wouldn't hold idle. Now can't get started. I'm a novice mechanic with a manual, garage & tools. Taking tank off, handle bars, etc...easy. Carbs which I figure need cleaning at a least.....I'll need to be careful. Electric....not so good.

I'm in Haymarket, VA. Many riders around. Would love to find a shade tree mechanic to assist. Thanks to all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
At least it looks clean. You're on the right track with cleaning the carbs. What's wrong with the controls? Did he chop wires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wires seem too short for controls to fit. I'll know more when I drain & remove tank. Choke was re-positioned too. Gauges came with bike. Says 2500 miles. Probably more. Seat is perfect, tank is perfect. Tires almost new. I have everything, all parts & hardware. I just have to start taking thing apart. Fun but a little scary. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Looks great for an 85, and I agree with putting the stock bars back on. I’m not 100% sure but I think there’s a lot of parts that are interchangeable even though it’s a 700 so you could probably get new (used) controls. If anyone knows for sure it’s folks on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts