Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a 1985 VN750 in great shape. It has 10,000 original km's on it. I'm looking for a sissy bar with cushion and a rack. I've searched your forum and I have a few ideas. However, the rack I found only has a maximum load capacity of 5 lbs! Is that correct?
Also, I have the original seat. Are there any options besides Kawasaki for the extended Sissy bar with backrest?
Finally, what are my options for saddlebag mounts (guards) and the corresponding saddlebags? Can I mix and match here or do I have to stick with the saddlebags for each mounts?
Your help here is very much appreciated.
V.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Something I was looking at is one of those bags that sits over the rear backrest, but have it turned so that it sits on the pillion of my mustang seat. It would serve as a backrest as well as hold a lot of gear. However, I'm still holding off on buying accessories until I build some trust in the bike. Right now I use a messenger bag strapped to the back seat with a bunji net. I don't think I will try touring with that setup though. hehe.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pink Panther said:
...However, the rack I found only has a maximum load capacity of 5 lbs! Is that correct?...
I have one each of both the Kawasaki Fire & Steel Rear Rack #K53020-077B and the Jardine Rear Cruiser Rack #31-3000-01. They both say the maximum load capacity is 5 lbs. It's probably a liability thing. If you're riding two-up, any more than 5 lbs will probably put you over the GVW for the vehicle. In my opinion, the Jardine rack will hold less weight than the F&S rack, due to the light-duty brackets that go down, under, and back up behind the tool box. The tightness of the two small mounting bolts is about all that holds the weight. On the other hand, the F&S rack bolts on both under the seat and at the sissy bar, making it hell for stout. Briefly, the Jardine rack is for show, and the F&S rack is for go....

CD in Frederick, OK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts