Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Whitch Fender?

Are you looking for a fender or what? I guess I don't understand what you are wanting to know.

·
2,526 Posts
So what 17" rim did you get that fit the bike properly? Pics would help, sounds interesting.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
A flat trailer fender would match the diameter....its what we used in the old days for choppers. Unpained metal and cheap...

....looks like this...

And you know, youve been making a lot of outrageous claims, brother....time to post up a few pics of what you say you have....we're all interested. Words mean nothing, pics mean everything.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
fender

A flat trailer fender would match the diameter....its what we used in the old days for choppers. Unpained metal and cheap...

....looks like this...

And you know, youve been making a lot of outrageous claims, brother....time to post up a few pics of what you say you have....we're all interested. Words mean nothing, pics mean everything.
thanks for info but trailer fender go only to 16 inch,good idea though,tell me how u install picture,newbie to internet and computers,never liked them forced to learn,will try to put picture soon

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
17 rim

So what 17" rim did you get that fit the bike properly? Pics would help, sounds interesting.
rim was 750 suzuki grx,took out drive ring from stock wheel made smaller,ma,chine shop,lowered the rim hub to center it on bike,welded my ring on,also have disk brake 2 pot caliper set up from same bike,working on installing upside down front from 400 grx with double discs 2 four pot calipers on it,tell me how to install pictures in message

·
2,526 Posts
If you look in the quick reply box there's an icon that says insert image. Most people use a picture hosting site like photobucket to link their image. Once you have the link for you picture just click the icon and paste the link in the box.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
17 inch wheel

....looks like this...

Photo0042.jpg

Photo0045.jpg

Photo0046.jpg

Photo0048.jpg
Photo0049.jpg

here are some pics for non beleavers,upgrades where neccessary because of 5mm bigger sleeves and performance pistons i talked about and the fcr carbs with 20 hp over, stock set up couldnt stop fast enough even though i had high pressure lines and over size tires, progressive suspension back and front.hope it leans better now in turns as the wheelbase is also shorter 8cm now and bike has 7 cm ground clearance

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

....looks like this...

well here is the the proof,pretty impressive Vn pics

View attachment 5962

View attachment 5970

View attachment 5978

View attachment 5986
View attachment 5994

here are some pics for non beleavers,upgrades where neccessary because of 5mm bigger sleeves and performance pistons i talked about and the fcr carbs with 20 hp over, stock set up couldnt stop fast enough even though i had high pressure lines and over size tires, progressive suspension back and front.hope it leans better now in turns as the wheelbase is also shorter 8cm now and bike has 7 cm ground clearance
looks pretty good

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
The Vulcan Mean streak has a 17" rear wheel and the fender has a sport profile. No matter what you do, there will be some fabrication involved, but based on the pictures, I'm guessing that you have that covered.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
info

The Vulcan Mean streak has a 17" rear wheel and the fender has a sport profile. No matter what you do, there will be some fabrication involved, but based on the pictures, I'm guessing that you have that covered.
nice rear with light/plate combo bike would look great w 10inch shocks.The meanstreak seat hard to fit or easy?

·
2,526 Posts
That's pretty neat what you did with the exhaust, hows the radiator going back on?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
radiator

That's pretty neat what you did with the exhaust, hows the radiator going back on?
.putting in from 600klr its shorter,fatter,has cap(took out mine along with thermostat housing put it in trash)and holds more coolent,no coolent reseavor for me.the only thing worried the fan is going to in front no room behind

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
here are some pics for non beleavers,upgrades where neccessary because of 5mm bigger sleeves and performance pistons i talked about
VERY nice !!!! Love that color too....you have something to be very proud of there !:smiley_th

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
nice rear with light/plate combo bike would look great w 10inch shocks.The meanstreak seat hard to fit or easy?
I have a set of progressive shocks on their way. The nice thing about them is I can adjust ride height as well as rebound and I believe that they will lower the rear end by about 1 1/2". Hopefully they'll be at the house when I get there on Friday.

I had to shave the frame rails and reverse the mounting brackets on the seat, drill two holes where the frame rails come together and put it on. When I relocated the turn signals, I used the side rail mounting holes, drilled them out and through the fender, so they're supporting the fenders. I'm actually going to do some more cutting on it and weld a bar between where it ends up and the fender mount location so the seat will sit flush on the fender. Once I'm done with it I'll post photos.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
holy @#$% brother.that is sweet!:smiley_th

1 - 20 of 44 Posts