Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
IBEW 915 Electrician
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS, that's the label on the battery. However the battery terminals are backwards. Anybody else had that problem? I must have missed something while reading the info.

My 2001 VN750 has sat idle for weeks until I got a MF. Trying to save that stator.

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Well, the two lists I have show that as the replacement battery.

Perhaps the battery was mislabeled. Can you call the folks you got it from and see what they say?

In the mean time, see if you can turn the battery around and get the terminals to reach.

I remember someone havin this problem and all they had to do was turn the battery and get a longer ground wire to the frame.

KM

·
IBEW 915 Electrician
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the mean time, see if you can turn the battery around and get the terminals to reach.

I remember someone havin this problem and all they had to do was turn the battery and get a longer ground wire to the frame.

KM
I tried that approach. The negative battery cable has a smaller wire attached to it that restricts its length. The positive cable suffers similar issues.

I bought the battery from a Kawasaki dealer and they should have been aware of the problem. I don't think that a manufacturer of batteries should play loose with specs, especially when it is the high dollar Yuasa folks.

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Right..if you said the label on the battery says it is the correct one, then it must be labeled wrong...by Yussa , not your dealer.

According to the Yussa site, the "L" means the + terminal is on the right side..(with both terminals facing you)

So, If yours is on the Left side and it says YTX14AHL-BS , it had to labeled wrong and you can not blame your dealer for believing the label was correct.

KM

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
for once I agree with KM here...the battery is labled wrong from the factory...see if the stealership will swap out the batteries or at least double check that they gave you the right battery.

·
former lurker
159 Posts

·
IBEW 915 Electrician
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah KM, it's labeled wrong. Took the battery back and they reordered it. Will come in some time next week. She checked out the Yuasa dealer reference and the battery is a YTX14AH configuration. I'll check out the verses to find out what's next.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts