Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine just aquired an 85 vulcan in new condition. The previous owner had passed away. There is a sign taped to the bike that says "do not turn on key without battery installed. It will blow $1200 module"...How can this be...without the battery there is no voltage to blow anything...what module could he be referring to?

·
239 Posts
Well you have a real problem there. The note makes no sence,but that doesnt mean there isnt something to it.That note was meant for the guy that put it on there, I assume,so what you need now is a medium that can contact the late owner and tell you what the h$ll its all about.
Good luck with that one,Steve

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Got some pics of the bike? Maybe we can see something "different" from stock that looks like it shoulda cost a grand. I would think if there were some "module" it would be around the battery case or the carbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Got some pics of the bike? Maybe we can see something "different" from stock that looks like it shoulda cost a grand. I would think if there were some "module" it would be around the battery case or the carbs.
The bike has just over two kilometers on it. It was parked right after it was bought. I am pretty sure that it is stock...He wouldnt be referring to the regulator would he?
Here is a picture

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That's really odd - anything under the seat by the battery case?? My other thought - not that it has anything to do with a "module" - is that unlike the old-style bikes, you can't get ours started and then unhook one of the battery leads to test...whatever people used to test by doing that. I do believe that could blow all kinds of things to ribbons, tho' someone correct me if I've overstated that.

·
239 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
It could also be a "hey kids... don't f..k with my bike" type thing.
That's what I'd think. Just a way to keep anyone from messing with it.
And just over 2km!?! that's barely 1.5miles!! Sounds like one heck of a find!
There was someone here awhile ago that posted something about a similar find (old bike, hardly any miles, previous owner died, I believe from some illness)

·
43 Posts
How much for a stator from the dealer with installation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not familliar with the electrical systems of these bikes. My Harley had a computer module under the seat. Am I correct in assuming that there is no such thing on the Vulcan?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
No computer per say, There is a Igniter but it is not $1200.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
How much for a stator from the dealer with installation?
Might be close to $1200 (probably a bit less), but if the battery isn't hooked up, I can't see how anything would happen to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts