Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 88 today that’s beat up pretty bad. The only thing it’s missing is the carbs and brake rotors though. It had a Jardine exhaust and chrome side covers that I put on my ‘02 and I’m pretty much ready to scrap the parts bike now. The odometer says 4500 miles but the title says 38k so I’m assuming it’s a replacement gauge cluster. Anyone have a spare set of carbs they’d want to sell? It’s got a gas tank from ‘04 apparently that’s in really great shape if anyone is interested in buying it or any other parts that are on it?Not really sure what to do with this thing!

Attachments

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Check with Branded209. He's in need of an engine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my speedo case is cracked. how much for the speedo?

the tank does look good. how much for the tank?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I could use an engine too. Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
What’s not rusted? How’s the seat? Can’t really tell from the pics. The site resizes the pics and kills the resolution. I’m in Philly so no part of south jersey is considered far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What’s not rusted? How’s the seat? Can’t really tell from the pics. The site resizes the pics and kills the resolution. I’m in Philly so no part of south jersey is considered far.
The seat has a ~3 inch tear and is pretty faded. I actually live in Philly too but I’ve got the parts bike at my brothers house in jersey.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
The seat has a ~3 inch tear and is pretty faded. I actually live in Philly too but I’ve got the parts bike at my brothers house in jersey.
Gotcha, I had some thoughts about modifying the seat but didn’t want to destroy mine because it’s in really great shape. No problem though. What about the other small parts, like the pedals, the turn signal housings. Stuff like that. Is anything good? Mufflers maybe?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I picked up an 88 today that’s beat up pretty bad. The only thing it’s missing is the carbs and brake rotors though. It had a Jardine exhaust and chrome side covers that I put on my ‘02 and I’m pretty much ready to scrap the parts bike now. The odometer says 4500 miles but the title says 38k so I’m assuming it’s a replacement gauge cluster. Anyone have a spare set of carbs they’d want to sell? It’s got a gas tank from ‘04 apparently that’s in really great shape if anyone is interested in buying it or any other parts that are on it?Not really sure what to do with this thing!

Does it have a good petcock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts