Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Our bars are 7/8, not 1". They will still work you'll just have to mod them a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our bars are 7/8, not 1". They will still work you'll just have to mod them a bit.
i'm sure the grip control portion are 7/8" as well as the mount portion. According to he compatibility, they are supposed to work....i'll keep ya posted. :motorcycl

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I bought a set of Keystone Z-Bars for my 750 a while back. They gave the bike a new appearance; however, they have ya leaning forward and it didn't feel right on this cruiser.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Well Hopefully the description is wrong, The Pic looks correct fit. I have seen these on The VN750, So with that said I will keep you posted - Otherwise if NOT Correct they are going back....LOL
Not sure how one can tell the difference between 7/8" and 1" just from a photo, so your logic escapes me. But just feel lucky I don't work at their return department... ;)

Rise To Grip Tip: 4"
Pull Back: 6-1/2"
Handlebar Diameter: 1-1/4"
Grip Diameter(mounting clamp area): 1"
Width Tip To Tip: 32"
Center Width: 5-1/2"

We are not responsible for custom applications and any fitments that do not correctly match listed descriptions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:)

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
well becuase both the mount area and the grip area are much smaller. LOL At least thats what I'm seeing....: )
Guess there's no point in tellng you that a company might use the same photo for simular products. Or that given they say the bar itself is 1-1/4 inches it really looks like the center of the bar is closer to an inch than 7/8....to me.;)
Just reread that disclaimer again.....

"We are not responsible for custom applications and any fitments that do not correctly match listed descriptions."

Your money dude......:)

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Not sure how one can tell the difference between 7/8" and 1" just from a photo, so your logic escapes me. But just feel lucky I don't work at their return department... ;)

Rise To Grip Tip: 4"
Pull Back: 6-1/2"
Handlebar Diameter: 1-1/4"
Grip Diameter(mounting clamp area): 1"
Width Tip To Tip: 32"
Center Width: 5-1/2"

We are not responsible for custom applications and any fitments that do not correctly match listed descriptions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:)
You'd need the 7/8" mounting area and grip area. These will be slightly too large with stock hardware. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
our hand controls can't be milled out to 1"... I tried... and regret doing so. and trust me.. I know my way around a machine shop and putting round pegs into square holes to make em fit with out leaks. to make your 1" z bars work, you are going to need to get new hand controls, cables and wiring harness extensions. Then youa re going to have to remove the top tripple tree and bore out the handblar clamp to 1" or use a drum sander and slowly sand it down while keeping every thing square... or to solve this issue, you will need to get a set of 7/8" to 1" conversion risers

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
our hand controls can't be milled out to 1"... I tried... and regret doing so. and trust me.. I know my way around a machine shop and putting round pegs into square holes to make em fit with out leaks. to make your 1" z bars work, you are going to need to get new hand controls, cables and wiring harness extensions. Then youa re going to have to remove the top tripple tree and bore out the handblar clamp to 1" or use a drum sander and slowly sand it down while keeping every thing square... or to solve this issue, you will need to get a set of 7/8" to 1" conversion risers
slim is correct. I've researched using alternate hand controls and one company makes them easy to install and they look good. However, expect to spend 2-300 bucks for a hydraulic lever + rez kit, and another 2 - 300 for a clutch lever kit minus the necessary switches (which are also provided for purchase). So far, Joker Machines is the only mass produced company to make such replacements. I don't doubt you could snag some HD controls and levers a little less. The point being, it will cost a lost of money to upsize a 1/8 inch.

If you really want a 7/8 Z-bar, Biltwell inc makes a chrome and black set which fit our bikes.

Here are a couple pics with them installed on my bike last year. The only advantage of having this bar versus stock is better handling. I had much more control of where I wanted the bike to go; however, I was sitting so far forward, my back would start hurting after a short ride. Also, the fugly lollipop mirrors had to go. I installed a bar-end mirror to help improve the looks. Another negative about them, they block a good portion of both gauges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts