Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to the board and have emailed Beavis on the subject. I do not weld and the muffler shop here doesn't want to even try to get the angles right. There is a couple posts of guys that have done it themselves.
Is it really worth it? Can you de-goat and limit "popping" without having an H pipe? How much low-end do you really lose and will you get it back using the Cobra slash cut pipes?
Thanks everybody I appreciate your patience
Ron

·
Registered
200 Posts
rpvn750 said:
I am fairly new to the board and have emailed Beavis on the subject. I do not weld and the muffler shop here doesn't want to even try to get the angles right. There is a couple posts of guys that have done it themselves.
Is it really worth it? Can you de-goat and limit "popping" without having an H pipe? How much low-end do you really lose and will you get it back using the Cobra slash cut pipes?
Thanks everybody I appreciate your patience
Ron
Ron...most here de-Goat w/out going to an H-pipe, I would tend to believe.
Low end is reduced somewhat, esp w/ stock pipes. For me, there was absolutely no vibration in the bars after I de-Goated...75~80mph felt like flying.
The slight buzz returned after I went to V&H Cruzers, so did most of the torque I lost down low. I'm happy w/ that, as well as the improved sound and definitely the improved looks....
Popping is another thing...
See my post below on "Coastering...."

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am also a non-welder but I degoated mine last summer. I went to Autozone and bought a flexible tailpipe this makes fitting the angles super easy. One pipe made both sides and I didn't notice any loss of power or torque. I thought of installing an H-pipe but instead I drilled 2, 1/2" holes in each screen on the stock pipes which gave it a little lower rumble. I'm not sure if I will use the Harley pipes I bought last year or not. I made a set coasters a few weeks ago and adjusted the carbs and that stopped most of the popping from the exhaust although I kind of miss it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts