1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Nice looking bike Rick. I wish I could afford a second VN, and had a place to keep it. Somebody is going to get a heck of a deal. What are you riding now?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom. Not enough room in the garage for both, not enough money in the checkbook either. May not be riding it too much though, tore ligaments in my wrist yesterday. X-rays today, MRI tomorrow, consultation with a surgeon next week. Two hobbies on hold; the bike and playing the bass.

The Vulcan was great for getting me back on a bike after a 20 year hiatus, but I'm 6' 240 pounds, so I needed something bigger to encourage my wife to hop on with me.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Good luck with the sale.
I hope you recover from your injuries soon so you have the entire summer to enjoy the new ride! :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Just bought a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom. Not enough room in the garage for both, not enough money in the checkbook either. May not be riding it too much though, tore ligaments in my wrist yesterday. X-rays today, MRI tomorrow, consultation with a surgeon next week. Two hobbies on hold; the bike and playing the bass.

The Vulcan was great for getting me back on a bike after a 20 year hiatus, but QUOTE]I'm 6' 240 pounds, so I needed something bigger to encourage my wife to hop on with me.[/

Congratulations on the new ride and sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope it heals up a lot faster than my leg is.

I know what you mean about needing a bigger bike. My wife went for one ride with me, about 30 miles out to our daughters place. That was enough for both of us. She does not like bikes anyway, and has a bad back as well. Any long distance rides I take in the future will be solo and hopefully on a bike with a bigger frame. I`m about the same height as you but #60 heavier and 30 minutes or so is about as long as I can ride the vn before stopping for a few minutes to walk off the numb bum. Does the v-star let you stretch out enough to be more comfortable?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't logged enough miles on the v-star to know how comfortable it will be yet, but I did keep my Airhawk cushion which takes care of comfort on any bike. The v-star also has an after market seat with backrest on it which may make a difference.

The VN750 is SOLD ladies and gentlemen. The new owner took it home yesterday. His name is Dwight and I have pointed him this direction so hopefully he'll join the group soon.

See y'all on the road!

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts