Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
can someone help i could not find oil plug for 03 vn750. all i can find is the regular plug. but mine is the one that goes to the side if the crank case not the bottom, also it is designed to set where it holds a spring and the spring hold a filtering screen. i looked every where eBay, Amazon, all web sites that sells Kawasaki parts but no luck,
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hello all
can someone help i could not find oil plug for 03 vn750. all i can find is the regular plug. but mine is the one that goes to the side if the crank case not the bottom, also it is designed to set where it holds a spring and the spring hold a filtering screen. i looked every where eBay, Amazon, all web sites that sells Kawasaki parts but no luck,
Thanks
Kawasaki part# 11012-1483 oil filter cap. Search around for best price
http://www.kawasakipartsnation.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b2540f8700223e478e867/oil-pump-oil-filter

·
Registered
213 Posts
Now im wondering why my drain plug is on the bottom? 03 vulcan 750

·
Registered
213 Posts
Really can i ask why there are 2 drains and why we use the side?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cause i just changed oil and drained it out the bottom.....is that bad?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Cause i just changed oil and drained it out the bottom.....is that bad?
Now im wondering why my drain plug is on the bottom? 03 vulcan 750
No one is quite sure why there is a drain plug on the bottom.

But putting your bike on the side stand makes that side drain the lowest point on the engine enabling the most warm dirty oil possible to drain out.

Also as mentioned by MI teddybear, you can pull the filter screen to inspect it for metal fillings or chunks of rubber, neither of which is good.
Metal filling indicate something grinding when it shouldn't be.
Rubber chunks will be signs of the balancer dampers getting brittle and disintegrating.

However early warnings may allow you to do repairs before either problem craters your engine. :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yeah, not sure why there are two plugs. The VN900 has the exact same two plugs. The 900 manual even says to stand the bike upright and use the bottom plug instead of the side plug.
Like most others though, I still like to use the side plug to be able to inspect the oil screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts