Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Looking for some connectors

896 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking for the connectors and wiring for the gauges/dash lights. I need all of them with as much wire on them as possible. NOT the frame side or from the headlight bucket to the frame, the stuff up in the bucket and gauges.

willing to pay shipping and a modest amount.

#3 ·
no, I need the connectors that hook the gauges and idiot lights to the harness for the bike (in the headlight bucket).

I am replacing the stock stuff with custom work, and I want to be able to build the harness off the bike, and make it a 'plug and play' operation, so the bike wont be down for long.

#4 ·
A. What happened to yours?

And

B. Good luck with this. Finding mating connecters that aren't already connected to their components is very hard to do.

You're better off buying whole new connections and wiring them in yourself. Try here:
https://www.waytekwire.com/products/1422/Terminals-Connectors/

See "multi pin"

#5 ·
he's making a custom dash and wants to have little down time.I might have a harness off a 90 but not sure if I tossed it in my move.I'll check my storage unit when I get time
no, I need the connectors that hook the gauges and idiot lights to the harness for the bike (in the headlight bucket).

I am replacing the stock stuff with custom work, and I want to be able to build the harness off the bike, and make it a 'plug and play' operation, so the bike wont be down for long.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

#6 ·
nothing wrong with what I currently have, just going for a change.

I ride it daily for work, so I need to be able to do the swap out in an hour or 2 on a weekend, not spend all weekend splicing wires (which I can do if needed).

not looking for connectors to plug into the new stuff and the bike harness, I will be splicing the new stuff into the connectors I am looking for on the bench. Then when I am done with that, and done fabbing the mount/dash stuff, it should only take an hour or so to swap out and program the new gauges to the bike.

basically I want the connectors and wiring so I can remove the existing connectors from the new gauges and splice these onto the wires

#7 ·
Color me confused here....you want, for example, the female connector that is wired to the tachometer that plugs into the male connector inside the headlight bucket....with the wires still attached. My point was you will only find that if someone is selling a tach....("still attached to the components")
Those selling wiring harnesses usually don't include the other connectors to the various components, because they are likely selling those components too...

Am I missing something here?

#8 ·
KM pretty much what I need. basically hoping someone has a roached set of gauges and dont mind hacking the wiring harness off it.

I will do it using my own stuff if I need to, just hoping to not have to spend a weekend doing all the final fitting as well as the wiring. (want to get it out of the way first)

#10 ·
might even have a set or two of gauges. don't have off till Sunday but will check my storage unit then,when I can actually have time to get into the mess

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.