Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (https://www.vn750.com/forum/29-equipment/)
-   -   Looking for cell phone mount recommendation (https://www.vn750.com/forum/29-equipment/92649-looking-cell-phone-mount-recommendation.html)

gidaeon 04-05-2017 10:58 AM

Looking for cell phone mount recommendation

Wondering if any one is using a cellphone mount (for visual navigation use on handle bars - not for storage) that they really like and trust.

I'm thinking it would be cool to not have to take a gps on my longer rides. Granted my gps is so old if it ever fell off I'd be fine. Phone? Not so much.

ubertalldude 04-05-2017 12:15 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had this and ridden with it for about 500 miles. It's not the highest quality, I think Ram Mounts takes the cake on that one, but for the price it's right. Sturdy and secure enough that I didn't worry about it a bit, even with my windshield off at 80mph.

Knifemaker 04-05-2017 12:35 PM

Phones are expensive ;) I'd go with this mount because it uses no springs or clips...your phone is basicly bolted down:

https://www.amazon.com/RetiCAM%AE-Sm...iglink21043-20

Then, use a standard 1" ball RAM camera mount:

RAM 1" Ball with 1/4-20 Stud for Cameras, Video & Camcorders Unpackaged - RAP-B-366U | RAM Mounts

Then get the size arm and mounting bracket you want (depending where you want to mount it)

Motorcycle Mounts for phones, gps, cameras and more | RAM Mounts

Yes, I've used RAM stuff before, it's worth the money :)

TonyO 04-05-2017 01:46 PM

I use this one, Motorcycle MTB Bicycle Handlebar Mount Holder For Cell Phone with USB Port New | eBay.
Fits both my uncased work Iphone 6 and my LG K7 in an armored case. Mount and Phone vibrate a bit at Freeway speeds but no indication of anything ever coming out. Plenty of bugs smashed on the back of the phone! Wired a relay in headlight bucket to power this (and all my add on other gadgets) from the Aux Power connection when the running lights are lit as this provides a fused outlet that will not shut down the rest of the bike when it blows.

eusjma 04-05-2017 02:11 PM

I've used this: TECHMOUNT - Products

With a ball mount attached to my handlebars: TECHMOUNT - Products.

Never had an issue. One thing that can be an annoyance - the strap that goes across the phone can get in the way. The little strap is an option I suppose but I always use it.

I like the RAM stuff as well but haven't used any yet.

kc2dgq 04-05-2017 05:57 PM

I spent money on a expensive holder at a rally that was "tough and sturdy" and in 10 minutes it ejected my phone from the bike.....
Ask Vulcan2000 how pissed I was....lol

you can spend your money on more expensive stuff, but for me the Schwinn Universal Smart Phone Mount is the best one I have used so far.

OleDirtyDoc 04-05-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc2dgq (Post 1170089)
I spent money on a expensive holder at a rally that was "tough and sturdy" and in 10 minutes it ejected my phone from the bike.....
Ask Vulcan2000 how pissed I was....lol

you can spend your money on more expensive stuff, but for me the Schwinn Universal Smart Phone Mount is the best one I have used so far.

so I'm not the only Vulcan owner whose bike rejects **** it doesn't want [emoji6]

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Brooklyn_Vulcan 04-05-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc (Post 1170097)
so I'm not the only Vulcan owner whose bike rejects **** it doesn't want [emoji6]

mine does it to...tempermental little thing...lol..her temper makes me mental..lol...i don't like it get it off..wa wa wa..lol

OleDirtyDoc 04-05-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn_Vulcan (Post 1170169)
mine does it to...tempermental little thing...lol..her temper makes me mental..lol...i don't like it get it off..wa wa wa..lol

just hope mine isn't pissed that she's been in a storage unit and I've been leaving her alone and playing with other bikes.

Brooklyn_Vulcan 04-05-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc (Post 1170177)
just hope mine isn't pissed that she's been in a storage unit and I've been leaving her alone and playing with other bikes.

I be concerned bout the one u had under 3 ft of snow month ago..LOL...bring her some new hand grips and tell her looked majestic in the flakes...lol...she love ya forever..lol