Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Engine / Exhaust / Cooling (https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/)
-   -   Engine Smoking, fuel coming out exhaust. (https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/90193-engine-smoking-fuel-coming-out-exhaust.html)

ninjafaces 12-23-2016 08:32 PM

Engine Smoking, fuel coming out exhaust.

Sooooo I'm back again.

This time I'm trying to diag a problem with the bike. So I've got a new issue w/ my engine/carb.

I ran the bike, let it sit for a week, when to start it. I think fuel is getting into the read cylinder. Bike fires, rear runs rough as hell, bit of white smoke coming out (though I'm unsure if that's related to the seafoam I left in the tank, and it's spitting fuel out of the left exhaust, oil smells like gas. I'm thinking stuck float letting too much fuel into the cylinder. Getting ready to pull the carb and find out.

Any other suggestions as to what could be?

OleDirtyDoc 12-23-2016 09:11 PM

look up the sticky in the carb section about backblowing a carb

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

minikrew 12-23-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc (Post 1144633)
look up the sticky in the carb section about backblowing a carb

dang i thought back blowing is what a back warmer did

ninjafaces 12-24-2016 12:50 AM

I skipped backblowing because I had a feeling this is pretty bad. Found about a cup of gas sitting in the engine after I pulled the cab. Beforehand I noticed it leaking from the bass fitting on the side.

I'm pulling the plugs on monday. Hopefully the engine wasn't damaged, I ran it for about 2 - 4 minutes with the carb flooding it up like that.

OleDirtyDoc 12-24-2016 12:20 PM

should be ok

One1 01-07-2017 05:13 PM

Only damage you'll get from hydrolocking is on startup Running just pushes it out the engine. If it back flows into the oil and thins it out you can cause damage running an extended time with the engine full temp under load for long distance with low viscosity, but idling for a few mins isn't going to damage it at all.

In my personal experience this engine doesn't want to start when hydrolocked from fuel and just acts like a dead battery, giving a clear indication of resistance in the engine. So either it starts and pushes the fuel out or doesn't rotate due to the strength (or lack thereof). The starting components of this bike don't seem strong enough to bend anything when hydrolocked.

My float needles had to be replaced last summer due to flooding the rear cyl. The rubber was good, but the spring in the rear needle had lost most of it's tension.