Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Something bad happened.... (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/83457-something-bad-happened.html)

Monnerjr 04-23-2016 10:47 AM

Something bad happened....
 
Went to start her this morning, kept cranking, I know I need a new battery, but after the 2nd attempt to turn it over, she went BANG! and i heard some metal ding around....I stopped and looked at everything, thinking i just blew a hole in the case, but I didn't. Everything looks and sounds good, started right up after that....even drove it to work.
I'm not sure what it was, but i'm sure it wasn't good.
:doh:

WilliamTech 04-23-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monnerjr (Post 1076057)
Went to start her this morning, kept cranking, I know I need a new battery, but after the 2nd attempt to turn it over, she went BANG! and i heard some metal ding around....I stopped and looked at everything, thinking i just blew a hole in the case, but I didn't. Everything looks and sounds good, started right up after that....even drove it to work.
I'm not sure what it was, but i'm sure it wasn't good.
:doh:

Weak Battery = Weak Spark
Slightly flooded...caught spark ..... Backfired
Purchase a new AGM/Sealed Battery
:smile2:

Monnerjr 04-23-2016 12:36 PM

n/a
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTech (Post 1076137)
Weak Battery = Weak Spark
Slightly flooded...caught spark ..... Backfired
Purchase a new AGM/Sealed Battery
:smile2:

Im doing so right after work.

What was the metal I heard? Rod bearing? Damn thing sounded like a stick of dynamite.

WilliamTech 04-23-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monnerjr (Post 1076201)
Im doing so right after work.

What was the metal I heard? Rod bearing? Damn thing sounded like a stick of dynamite.

...haven't a clue - :grin2: -

RoadHopper 04-23-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monnerjr (Post 1076201)
Im doing so right after work.

What was the metal I heard? Rod bearing? Damn thing sounded like a stick of dynamite.

The old double-barrel shotgun . . . no worries... it was probably one of your exhaust pipe covers slapping from the shock, but who knows? That volume, though, is normal for a backfire on this bike. I hope you live in a neighborhood with a low crime rate, friendly neighbors, and a poorly funded SWAT team ( unlike my own ).

:grin2:

Knifemaker 04-23-2016 01:35 PM

The metallic sound could have been just some weird aftershock. The fact you started it right up and ride it to work and nothing went wrong means it want anything serious. I had mine do this in my garage and I swear I heard glass breaking somewhere.
Bottom line, get a new AGM battery.

Monnerjr 04-23-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knifemaker (Post 1076297)
The metallic sound could have been just some weird aftershock. The fact you started it right up and ride it to work and nothing went wrong means it want anything serious. I had mine do this in my garage and I swear I heard glass breaking somewhere.
Bottom line, get a new AGM battery.

Yea i live in the boonies, no worries. But yea i was in my garage as well. Rattled me a bit.

michiganteddybear 04-23-2016 04:51 PM

hehe, had that happen to me one day when a neighbors house was being watched by the police for some reason (which I forgot, they had enough bad shiat going on there who knows why they where there that time).. mind you, I am 3 houses away, and when it backfired, the cops all looked around looking for what caused it, with their hands on the grips of their weapons. luckily my wife was chattin with one of them and once they realized what happened, they all laughed


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome