Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Saw the aftermath of a downed biker (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/8020-saw-aftermath-downed-biker.html)

Sky Rider 08-02-2008 09:06 PM

Saw the aftermath of a downed biker

On the way home from WalMart, there was a motorcycle accident. I got there just after it happened. Looked like the guy was cut off by a cager turning left or he may have lost it turning left at too high a speed. It was a Harley Bagger of some type, not a CR. The bike wasn't too bad. Scraped up and the windshield broke off but the sad part was that the rider was pretty badly hurt. NO HELMET!! The first folks on the scene had his head wrapped in a towel and were shading it from the sun. The rest of him looked OK though. His clothes weren't even torn. I feel bad for the guy though a helmet would have saved him a trip in an ambulance. I hope he is OK.

bigrepp61 08-02-2008 09:41 PM

unfortunatly any motorcycle accident around here is an automatic ambulance trip to the er.... too bad he wasnt wearing a helmet....hopefully he will be back on the bike in no time at all..

750Doug 08-02-2008 11:02 PM

What a shame. Hopefully he'll be ok.

Old Dog 08-02-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrepp61 (Post 65574)
unfortunatly any motorcycle accident around here is an automatic ambulance trip to the er.... too bad he wasnt wearing a helmet....hopefully he will be back on the bike in no time at all..

AND WEARING A HELMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a good one...Old Dog....

bullwinkle 08-03-2008 02:11 PM

Yea and as mY mother said when I started riding cycles, "Rock hit egg, poor egg. Egg hit rock, poor egg."
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...z440/splat.jpg

99vulcan750 08-03-2008 06:27 PM

I was on my school internship with the county sheriff traffic car, we responded to a motorcycle car accident. An 18 year old was riding west on his 883 through a t-intersection, east bound car turned in front of him and he took the entire impact on his left leg. Femur was a compound fracture through the skin, and his ankle was smashed... helmet didn't have a scratch, he and the bike were thrown about 25 feet onto the grass... lucky guy, but the cager was really shook up.. younger guy who never saw the bike...

Really makes you really pay more attention to the cars around you.

Dan 08-03-2008 11:55 PM

There have been a rash (no pun intended) of bike wrecks in my area lately. Yesterday two crotch rockets racing in Tacoma ran into each other. Both killed on the spot. Stupidity on a motorcycle will do you some serious damage. I notice most bike accidents do NOT involve cars. Usually bikes leaving the roadway at high speed.

rickoz 08-04-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullwinkle (Post 65648)
Yea and as mY mother said when I started riding cycles, "Rock hit egg, poor egg. Egg hit rock, poor egg."

Your mom's cool.

When my mother saw my bike, she said, "I'm disappointed in you!" I take comfort in the fact that it took me 49 years to disappoint her. I had a good run.

ramtuff 08-04-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickoz (Post 65691)
Your mom's cool.

When my mother saw my bike, she said, "I'm disappointed in you!" I take comfort in the fact that it took me 49 years to disappoint her. I had a good run.

My mother actually cried when I got my bike back in June. Although she trusts me and knows I'm pretty level headed, she's convinced I'm going to die on it.

EQPlayer 08-04-2008 09:53 PM

ATGATT. All the gear, all the time. No exceptions.