Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Elec. ??? Headlight Toggle Switch---

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Scoop 
#1 · (Edited)
Why did I ask ????????? Let me reword it, I want to put a toggle switch on my headlight so I can signal my girl friend..OK... Put it on the hot wire or ground wire ???
Thanks...Old Dog...

#3 ·
I vote for the tender as well. It's a good investment. Unless something has changed over the last year, get some Seafoam and put that in your tank. I've heard a few complaints on this board about Stabil.

#4 ·
Well, if you're out on the public roads, you don't want to run without the headlight.
Tenn. laws requires you to run with the headlight on.
You can check out the other Tenn. state motorcycle laws at the AMA site, HERE.

#5 ·
I would use a relay and put it on the ground side, IF you just want to use a switch make sure it is strong enought to handel the amp draw, you dont want a switch to fail and cause your headlight to go out.

#6 ·
Thanks Ccspinner;
I have a 10 amp on hand, would that be enough or should I get a higher amp switch..???
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

#7 ·
10 Will work on low beam but not on High, the stock fuse is 10 for the low headlight. As long as you have not upped the bulb to a larger one.

#9 ·
Girl friend? You shoulda just said so. No reason to be bashful here. Otherwise we'll give you the run around suggesting you do just about everything else!

#11 ·
Boy! Did I ever find that out...lol... And to those that let me know... I have a Bat. tender, Stabil, and have been driving Tenn. public roads for well over 50 yrs., so am quite knowledgable of laws of the road including the helment law...lol..., But thanks anyway... And I was just kidding about the girl friend, at my age what would I do if she came anyway :( ...lol...
I did put the 10 amp toggle switch on the single ground wire last night and it seems to work... I won't be using it today though, its supposed to get to 75 Deg., so I will ride, whopeee... :)

#12 ·
Old Dog yur makin me jealous 7 degrees and 7" of snow in the last 4 days. My dad used to own a nusery in McMinnville and now has a small one in Crossville. He is 80 and still works every day--hope my old body holds up that long. Enjoy your ride!!

#13 ·
rckmtn;
I did take a short ride and it was great, only wore a shirt and it topped what they said, actually hit 77 Deg., broke a record set all the way back to 1873... The front is going to get us this afternoon or by morning anyway, and possible will have snow & maybe ice by Sunday...lol... Thats Tennessee though...
BTW-I can borrow coffee in McMinnville or Crossville either... Your dad is a bit older than me as I am still a youngster, just 71, but good to see he is still working and keeping the ole bod going, I think thats what keeps us going... I did know a couple of nursery owners in McMinnville, one of which I think his last name was Wartenberger (sp)...

#14 ·
Lights that you can switch on and off. Sounds like a good reason to add running lights.

I can also tell you from experience that the flashing headlight method doesn't work well. Requires the other person to be checking there review mirrors at the same.

Might be worth getting a set of walkie talkies with headsets instead.

#15 ·
JamieB - You must have missed the original post. The "signalling the girl friend" story is really a diversionary cover-up!

(Old Dog - just kidding . . . ;))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.