Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Emergency...Alert Alert ! (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/5436-emergency-alert-alert.html)

Nomad 09-22-2007 09:53 AM

Emergency...Alert Alert !

Im having a problem. I love my bike, it does everything I ask it too and I take care of her and treat her well. When I go down to the garage for a smoke I stare at her lovingly and whisper to her all the sweet things Im going to do to her.
But I met a 900 the other day and I cant get her out of my mind. Its becoming a problem and I think the 750 suspects something is going on.
The other day I parked the 750 in a dealers parking lot and sat on the 900 right in front of her, caressing her seat. That was a bad night let me tell ya but I dont know what to do !

Crobins365 09-22-2007 10:51 AM

Hell hath no fury like the fury of a scorned 750! I'd be very, very careful riding your "old girl" for the next few weeks...'specially if she suspects you're up to something. ;)

Knifemaker 09-22-2007 12:19 PM

Bad move..your 750 knows now..best you just go ahead and trade her in for the 900 before she decides to "teach you a lesson" by burning out her stator...or tossing you off on the road.
I had to keep my purchase of my FJR a secret till I actualy parked it in the garage next to her. Too late for her to cause a fit, but she tried to strand me on the road one day when I took her out because I felt guilty of neglecting her for the newer ride. So at that point , her tantrum , though annoying , had less venom and only pissed me off. I sold her the following week. Best to make a clean break when you can.....

KM

kanuck69 09-22-2007 12:25 PM

Yup, the 900's are pretty sweet. I dodn't let mine see me look. I check them out online. But in the parking lot, in front of her? Have you no shame?:wow:

hyperbuzzin 09-22-2007 01:45 PM

Um, I hate to be the one to tell ya this, but on that TV show "Cheaters" I thought they said something like...
"Tomorrow on Cheaters... See the hidden security video from a showroom floor, as we confront the suspected two timer."

I guess it could just be coincidence, but....????

I'm one of the lucky ones. My 750 and I have an understanding. I have another ride that I take out for some off road fun now & then, and everythings cool.
Niether of them want to have me ride both at the same time, which I don't think I could manage to begin with, but they get along fine. Although there have been some jealous times when I was riding off road more than on, and like Knifemaker said, the Vulcan let me know it was upset.

Explain the situation and you may be surprised how well things go. But if you don't think one will be happy with you riding both, do what you must and set the other free.

I wish ya luck in your situation.

fuzz 09-23-2007 12:24 AM

get the 900 chop the 750 :rockon:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 43147)
Im having a problem. I love my bike, it does everything I ask it too and I take care of her and treat her well. When I go down to the garage for a smoke I stare at her lovingly and whisper to her all the sweet things Im going to do to her.
But I met a 900 the other day and I cant get her out of my mind. Its becoming a problem and I think the 750 suspects something is going on.
The other day I parked the 750 in a dealers parking lot and sat on the 900 right in front of her, caressing her seat. That was a bad night let me tell ya but I dont know what to do !