Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Vulcan 750 highway pegs

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  kc2dgq 
#1 ·
I have a vulcan 750, 2005 with a stock engine guard. I know there are several forums scattered around about this topic but I haven't had any luck. I've heard the stock engine guard is 1", although I have boughten the "magnum quick clamps" and they do not fit fully snug around the bar. Do I have to wrong size? I'm looking for a set of highway pegs that will work with my bike for the cheapest price. By the looks of it I will need a complete kit (clamps, extensions and pegs) to make sure the pegs see out far enough from the foot break.

Any help is appreciated!!!

#2 · (Edited)
I have a vulcan 750, 2005 with a stock engine guard. I know there are several forums scattered around about this topic but I haven't had any luck. I've heard the stock engine guard is 1", although I have boughten the "magnum quick clamps" and they do not fit fully snug around the bar. Do I have to wrong size? I'm looking for a set of highway pegs that will work with my bike for the cheapest price. By the looks of it I will need a complete kit (clamps, extensions and pegs) to make sure the pegs see out far enough from the foot break.

Any help is appreciated!!!
You are correct.... 1" Engine Guard.

Some clamps can be loose fitting......some owners place a chunk of inner tube under the clamp....not to scratch/gouge/scar the Engine Guard, thus avoiding future rust stains.....also peg re-adjustment is possible w/o scars.

just sayin'

:smiley_th +1

Reactions: slimvulcanrider
#6 ·
PM sent

:smiley_th +1

#9 ·
Extenders? :confused:
To make the pegs longer or lower??

#11 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions!

1) Gordon's question: to extend them forward, because lowering would get too close to the exhaust. ...and we both have rubber soles on our biker boots.

2) I like the design from kc2's suggestion. Seems viable, extends the pegs forward, and seems to protect from the exhaust as well. I can have them made here if you'd be so kind and send me (via PM) the measurements.

Cheers from Costa Rica!

Napoleon

#13 ·
I would have to take them off and take measurements since I made them on the fly. PM me to remind me to do that for you if you need me to.

Flat plate aluminum is what I used just like Knifemaker did. I got a little creative on mine and made them the width of the peg end and notched mine to fit snug on the existing peg surface so it doesn't "twist".

You can easily make your own with flat stock...use a hacksaw and files to "shape them" to your liking and have some fun with it.

That's the beauty of fabricating your own creations.....there are no rules!!

#14 ·
I couldn't find any pegs I liked so I made my own. Took a 1" pipe from a swing set and cut it to length. Folded the cut end closed to match the factory end. Painted it black. Drilled a hole in each end and installed fog lights on the ends. Clamped the highway bar to my engine guard using 2 clamps I took off of a old set of west coast mirrors that were lying around the garage. I took rubber heater hose and shimmed the clamps. Wired the fog lights in and wrapped both sides in black tape to protect the wires. Looks good to me and pretty nice for the long stretches of open road. They don't really give you more leg room unless you let your legs rest on top but it gets your legs away from the engine heat in the summer.

I won'ted the of running lights and couldn't find any aftermarket pegs I liked that would acomidate so I made my own.

#15 ·
I think the OP was asking about PASSENGER pegs. There are really no great options for rear pegs that I have seen in the aftermarket world other than buying expensive extenders and offsets.

Keep in mind that the rear pegs fold up in the diagonal position so that the top of the peg faces rearward when folded up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.