Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Sell or Swap (https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/)
-   -   Sell, Swap, Wanted Guidelines...PLS Read ! (https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/24213-sell-swap-wanted-guidelines-pls-read.html)

Wolfie 03-05-2013 06:02 PM

Sell, Swap, Wanted Guidelines...PLS Read !

There have been a few snafus in the pasy year with sales/trades/wanted posts. Im gonna lay down a few suggestions, NOT rules, because we cant do that, but Im hoping if all follow what Ive set down, all will run smoothly.

1) Posting a sale/swap....the OP should specify whether to sho interest in the thread or to PM, not either or. The OP will determine the means of contact. This will clearly show the buyer/bidder in a chronological order. Details on the transaction can then be done in private.
Also, unless its a "part wanted" post, dont add your own items to the same thread.

2) Parts wanted posts.... When a member posts a "part wanted/needed", its for a reason. If that member gets responses, and you are interested yourself, then post something like "if XXX doesnt take it, Im interested". Please dont try to undermine members seeking parts.

3) Transactions....these are solely the responsibilities of the seller/buyer. If a deal goes bad, do NOT contact staff. Staff has no say over private transactions.
But as a suggestion, get all contact info before mailing parts or payment. This includes full name, addy and phone number. When selling to someone youre not sure of, request a deposit as a show of faith.

Other than that, we're all brothers here in one way or another...lets treat each other as such. Thanks....:smiley_th

WilliamTech 03-05-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfie (Post 242771)
There have been a few snafus in the pasy year with sales/trades/wanted posts. Im gonna lay down a few suggestions, NOT rules, because we cant do that, but Im hoping if all follow what Ive set down, all will run smoothly.

1) Posting a sale/swap....the OP should specify whether to sho interest in the thread or to PM, not either or. The OP will determine the means of contact. This will clearly show the buyer/bidder in a chronological order. Details on the transaction can then be done in private.

2) Parts wanted posts.... When a member posts a "part wanted/needed", its for a reason. If that member gets responses, and you are interested yourself, then post something like "if XXX doesnt take it, Im interested". Please dont try to undermine members seeking parts.

3) Transactions....these are solely the responsibilities of the seller/buyer. If a deal goes bad, do NOT contact staff. Staff has no say over private transactions.
But as a suggestion, get all contact info before mailing parts or payment. This includes full name, addy and phone number. When selling to someone youre not sure of, request a deposit as a show of faith.

Other than that, we're all brothers here in one way or another...lets treat each other as such. Thanks....:smiley_th

NP....This is good you laid out our guidelines for us to follow...Thank You

:smiley_th

new rider 9984 03-06-2013 11:27 AM

Glad you put it in writing brother
Shame someone had to do so but glad you did

Wolfie 03-07-2013 06:44 PM

Well...hopefully we didnt lose a member because of issues....I know of a few who are ticked at some dealings in the past....and then of course we have Raker Smith.
Hopefully what I set down will circumvent future problems.

Spencer1 04-30-2013 11:11 PM

Raker Smith???

Wolfie 05-01-2013 04:26 PM

I should have written RakerBill/T Smith.... my bad...

Spockster 06-12-2013 01:40 PM

If I could add one thing....

Put a price on it. If it's firm, say so, if it's negotiable, say so, but put a price on it.

Too many times, after three or four PMs, I get "What do you think it's worth?" "Waddya gimme fer it?"

I can't be the buyer and the seller at the same time, please put a price on it, then we haggle if you're willing.

Next, pics are always better than no pics.

thtanner 06-12-2013 02:00 PM

I can agree to that. The seller should post how much they want, and if they'll take OBO. Nobody should have to treat it like a yard sale "so.. how much for that?". lol

Wolfie 06-12-2013 08:39 PM

The intent of my post was for those interested to get "in order" of interest....often a part is in such demand, its almost priceless...once all have their "order of querry" secured, prices can be discussed in email or PM...although its nice to have a price posted, i dont feel it should be required...example....member A is a buddy, a brother....he's interested, and Id GIVE him the part (as Ive done)...member B, is just a board member and merely an aquaintance...Id prolly sell to them (or at least ask shipping)...and ya, its all kosher to do that too....quite a few members here have GIVEN me stuff, knowing my finances, rather than even getting a few bucks cash....I think thats true brotherhood and keeps the folks on this board tight...if ya wanna go all the $$$ plus shipping, do it on Ebay or Craigs....not thru the board....besides, there are a few owner rules as to selling as well....we've been gently tiptoeing around the edge....lets not push it...

Posting a price is up to the poster...."best offer" IMO is acceptable...

TheModernLemonade 08-16-2018 12:56 AM

Expect me to be following these rule-non-rules within the week.