Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Vapor

792 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TSmith68 
#1 ·
Howdy
Help please, newb here. My rear exhaust has fuel dripping from it occasionaly and I have tried to follow previous posts. Today I started it, no problem, no choke, idled, pitcock on reserve, idled smooth, then idled up to 2000 Rpm, then back to 1000+-. Turned it off after about 3 minutes. Noticed a vapor coming from the rear exhaust tail pipe for over a minute.
Kind of like someone with a pipe.
I have 21k on the clock. 3rd owner at least. 1988 model. I have coastered it, rebuilt carbs re-jetted, 2 1/2 turns out, iridium NGK's also K&N cone filters, new AMG battery.
This happened after my carb rebuild, lots of fuel odor. Any ideas?
Thanks for helping a newbie out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Stuck float ? ?

WilliamTech :smiley_th

#3 ·
Sounds like carb related, I think you might have answered your own question, "after the carb rebuild". Sounds like that is when the prob started. Is easy to miss one small detail and puts things out of balance.

#4 ·
You need to check your float levels on both carbs, and check your vent tubes. If your floats are stuck, you will have gas dripping out of your carbs.
Have you smelled the vapors coming from the exhaust? Mine will have a vapor from the exhaust after I start it but it's water vapor from it warming up like it will do in a car.
If it's gas, then your carbs are running rich and leaving excess fuel in the cylinders after you shut it off.
There are lots of variables that can cause this. Check everything over carefully you might have missed something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.