Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Sell or Swap (https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/)
-   -   85 VN 700 parts (https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/21450-85-vn-700-parts.html)

skw1972 04-30-2012 09:34 PM

85 VN 700 parts

well the bike is complete and the engine turns good and free, compression is good. The bike just needed some TLC so I snagged it. I loved its profile and really wanted to build it. But then real life steps in and messes up all the fun... Im already 400.00 over budget on the goldwing build and its not near done yet. the XS sits in a similar position and my Seca needs constant assurance I still love her like I used to. It will be a year before I can build this Vulcan. I would really love to keep it but Im gonna throw it up in the air. If anybody wants parts or needs a motor or.... chime in. If nobody wants/needs anything maybe ill roll it into a corner for "some day"

The DEUCE 04-30-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skw1972 (Post 206969)
roll it into a corner for "some day"

Don't part her out! :doh:

M_Angell 04-30-2012 09:55 PM

Where are you at? You never know someone around might just help out or take her off your hands.

skw1972 05-01-2012 08:01 PM

Im in Milton Fl. I really didnt want to part her out, its got a good engine and the bike is complete. some surface rust but mild, just a quick washing did wonders but.. with the other 2 builds going on I just dont see it. itll be christmas before I could even start. I can "see" the bike and she would be sweet. I snagged her for 300.00. the owner thought the tranny was locked up but it wasnt. the shift mech was the problem. It was stuck in gear! I popped it free in 2 minutes rolled it on the trailer and got it home. 2 hours of tinkering and I knew she was gonna be a good one. but do I really need a third project? My wife sure dont think so lol. Id rather see it go to a "good cause"
of course in 7 or 8 months I'll be wishing I still had it. My real problem is I dont want to get rid of ANY of them. I just need more time and money!

M_Angell 05-01-2012 08:40 PM

dude if you were closer I would snap that up for my wife. It would cost me like $300 to drive down there just to pick it up. Sucks too because she loves the vn750 and wants one to learn on.

TheEDGE 05-01-2012 08:50 PM

we have the same problem. Save her she will wait till you get to her and reward you for the tlc you give her. I have sold countless projects that I wish I had back but an trying to stick with my vulcan and ride it out. Ihad to sell one project just to get mine but think I made the right chouse. Best of wishes and good luck on the builds.

Vulcan2000 05-01-2012 08:58 PM

If you do decide to keep her be sure to preserve her the best you can for now. Use liberal coats of grease where necessary, spray the proper lubricant where it is needed and use something on the plastic including the seat. Just don't leave her in the corner without any attention at all. When the time comes a good cleaning will get you back to where you need to be for starting the project or selling her. Good luck no matter what you decide.

skw1972 05-02-2012 02:50 PM

If I just get the Goldwing done

G3P0 05-06-2012 04:48 PM

I haven't even rolled mine out to trailer, sold her, feeling a lil sickly about it...
at least the guy plans on fixing it up and giving it to his kid...