Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Northeast Region (https://www.vn750.com/forum/52-northeast-region/)
-   -   New Hope is HAUNTED!?!?!?! (https://www.vn750.com/forum/52-northeast-region/21378-new-hope-haunted.html)

LibertyPilot 04-24-2012 02:34 PM

New Hope is HAUNTED!?!?!?!

Why am I finding this out AFTER I book a weekend in The Logan Inn!? Logan Inn is THE most haunted place in New Hope too. It's not like you might experience some paranormal activity - it's like bring a camera and try to capture it. People who stay here report their pillows being ripped out from under their heads while sleeping, their luggage being rearranged, the thermostat being cranked up or down, windows being thrown open, and the lights being switched off by themselves. Awesome.

So Jul and I are taking a ride this Friday afternoon to New Hope and staying Friday and Saturday night. I'll take a bunch of pictures, hopefully of some apparitions, but also of the ride and post them up here...

Cheman 04-24-2012 03:46 PM

That sounds awesome. When we moved into our house(about 18 years ago)
I experienced some freaky things. Lights turning on after I know I turned them off(and vice versa). the main thing was that when I would walk past the living room or one bedroom in particular, out of the corner of my eye I could see what appeared to be a older man sitting in the chair. If I looked directly at it, all I could see was an empty chair. This happened on several occasions. I did not mention it to my wife or to anyone else. After a year or so, I asked my wife if she had ever noticed anything peculiar in the house, with out mentioning what I had experienced. She proceeded to describe exactly the same things to me that I had noticed. Over the years, the frequency of this has deminished and now its been a couple of years since I have seen our Casper. He must have been friendly because all he ever did was turn lights on or off. The wife says its been a while since she has seen him too. I sorta miss the old guy.

shark88 04-25-2012 01:14 AM

I used to live in an old farmhouse growing up, we had the lights go on & off too. I remember one night seeing a shadow move across the room and it scared the life out of me and I fell out of the top bunk bed.. My parents told us after we moved out that they thought it was haunted too. One place we wouldn't go by ourselves was the attic, we would sometimes hear noises up there.

LibertyPilot 04-25-2012 10:10 AM

Ok, I just talked to a couple that stayed there a year ago in room 15, our room this weekend. The wife woke in the middle of the night to find her husband already sitting up in bed. She says, "Did you hear-" "Shhhhh," he cuts in. They hear heavy footsteps down the hall outside their room. The clunks get louder and louder till they're just outside the door, then they get softer and softer. The husband gets up, slinks over to the door, and opens it. He looks down the hall in both directions and sees nothing. They lay back down together and eventually fall back to sleep.

They're getting dressed the next morning and the clever wife says, "let's test it, put your boots on and go walk down the hallway. I'll stay in the room and see if I can hear it." He does, she hears nothing. He says, "It's carpeted out here, my heavy boots aren't even making a sound." Then he steps back in the room, onto the hardwood. They hear, 'clunk.' The ghost wasn't in the hallway, it was in their room....OUR room!!!

Another 2 amatuer paranormal hunters were taking a weekend there in room 6, the infamous one. They had video recorders, digitial cameras, the works. They were in the room setting up when the inn keeper came to greet them. She offered them a quick tour of the inn to get the lay of the land. They leave, lock the door behind them, and take the tour. They come back not 20 minutes later, key in, and see a small wet hand print on the wall beside the portrait. One of the guys turns to the innkeeper and excitedly says, "that was NOT there when we left!" "No it wasn't," she replies grinning.

So the guys hit the town that night trying to forget what they saw - or repress it. Neither one wants to return to that room, they procrastinate until 4:30 a.m. They didn't fall asleep until 5:30 and got up at 7 "for the free continental breakfast." They didn't stay the second night. Two grown men avoiding this room until 4:30 in the morning. What the balls dude?

LibertyPilot 04-25-2012 03:34 PM

OMG!!!!!! You have to check out this video!!! We're staying here!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbUPuPU50wU

LibertyPilot 05-01-2012 12:37 PM

We got haunted!

Turns out New Hope IS haunted, The Logan Inn, more so. Julz got haunted. She woke up Saturday night and couldn't cool down. That never happens, she's usually freezing and curling up to me. She said she felt weights on her chest, like a pressure - that's classic haunting. Several of the other people staying there reported the same thing, we'll all talking about it excitedly at breadfast. The employees said this was "a typical Sunday morning at the Inn." Fricken creepy man. Anyway here's a portait of the original owners, they're Emily's parents. The smell of lavender is often reported near the portrait. Check it out, they're both wearing lavender. The second picture is Emily, the cantankerous and mischievious ghost that lived and died in the inn. She's famous for plays pranks on people, including my girl! It was fun but Julz take to kindly to being haunted. Fair enough!