Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers (https://www.vn750.com/forum/13-trip-ride-reports-get-togethers/)
-   -   ride report: tipping over sucks. (https://www.vn750.com/forum/13-trip-ride-reports-get-togethers/21081-ride-report-tipping-over-sucks.html)

lzzrrd 03-29-2012 10:20 AM

ride report: tipping over sucks.

I pulled into a gas station this morning, and discovered they were temporarily closed with a note on the door. I turned around and was just sitting on a little hill to turn right and leave, and I guess I turned the bars just a little too much because all of a sudden the bike was laying on the crash bars. It was humiliating. Grrr. But I righted it, no harm done except my ego.

Factoid: Nomad crash bars are very well designed. And nads have lots of handles... :doh:

<vulcan salute>
Doug "if you can't pick it up don't ride it" Simmons
AKA Lzzrrd

ruger 03-29-2012 11:20 AM

yup. been there, done that! and yes, it sucks! lol I think it hurts us more than the bike! lol

I'm glad to hear you and the "Nad" are OK. good thing you have "crash bars" on the Nad! that's what they are there for. hey stuff happens, to all of use!

peterherrm 03-29-2012 11:59 AM

Had my bike two days, new to riding. Went to pull out of my work lot, kickstand down, went to put it into gear, engine cut out, next thing I know, the bike is on the ground. Fell right on the shifter, and knocked the little clip off inside..... VERY embarrassing with everyone from work watching!!

Old Dog 03-29-2012 01:57 PM

well, at least you didn't do it intentionally...lol... About 6-8 of us were on a ride and stopped for gas and a snack, when we started out they were stopped up front in the lot and in a discussion on where to go, well I had moved up a bit and stopped also, after they talked 4-5 or so mins. I decided to lay it over on the stand and rest... You know those kick stands don't go back down by them selves...lol... Just layed her over, didn't do anything to the bike, sorta give me a bit of pain in the ankle and a very red face...lol...
I think most of us have been there and done that, so don't feel lonesome...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

CW-4 03-29-2012 02:26 PM

Was backing mine out of the garage, standing on the left side and my foot slipped on some clay oil dry stuff. Bike tipped right and there wasn't any holding her up. Ticked me off because the tank hit a concrete block and put a ding in it. Broke my Memphis Shades Santa Curz too. :mad:

Kelly2001 03-29-2012 05:28 PM

A buddy of mine pulled up to a stoplight and forgot to put his foot down.

bj31702 03-29-2012 06:12 PM

Havent dropped my nad yet, but I found out that the kick stand switch didn't work on my 700. First day home sitting in the drive I hit the starter while standing next to it and quickly found that it was not in neutral as it lurched forward and fell away from me. I watched it fall and thought dumbass haha

EasyRector 03-29-2012 06:15 PM

I did the same thing in a gas station a couple of years ago. Made too sharp of a u-turn while pulling away from the pump, and dropped the bike on my ankle. My ankle hasn't been quite right since... :doh:

phurp 03-29-2012 08:48 PM

Ben there done that also. Was riding up a hill and decided to turn around. Turned right into a driveway that was as slanted as the hill. Didnt quite get the bike to lean uphill. Lost the battle with gravity. After I dropped it, with the adrenalin of anger flowing, I quickly muscled the bike up annnnnnnnd...... droped it the other way. What a Dumbass

wib714 03-29-2012 09:22 PM

did mine after a couple months of riding, pulled in the gas station and tried to turn aound in two parking spots and a little too much front brake. once it started down there was no stopping it. only hit the footpeg and no damage except the pride!!!