Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Engine / Exhaust / Cooling (https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/)
-   -   need some slip ons (https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/18916-need-some-slip-ons.html)

l3rice 06-29-2011 08:55 PM

need some slip ons

does anyone know where to find the cheapest set? one of the collars snapped off and now I am running with out mufflers on stock pipes, it sounds terrible not to mention running very hot down here in az. high temp outside + no back pressure = very lean and hot running bike

niterider 06-29-2011 11:39 PM

Do you still have the goat? Some of us here use sporster slip on muffler in place of the original vn stock muffler.

l3rice 06-30-2011 04:39 AM

Goat?

J.D. 06-30-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l3rice (Post 179401)
Goat?

Goat's belly; the exhaust expansion chamber just forward of the rear tire, that the mufflers connect to.

l3rice 06-30-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niterider (Post 179378)
Do you still have the goat? Some of us here use sporster slip on muffler in place of the original vn stock muffler.

the stock set up on my 04 750 goes like this: pipe out of cylinder to slip on muffler assembly. two different pipes one for front and one for rear running down both sides of the bike.

the slip on portion of the assembly is still on the pipe cause i cant seem to slip it off. I still have all the pieces. but i took the other side off so that i didnt have one cylinder restricted and one wide open.

I was wondering if there was an inexpensive easy bolt on out there that anyone knew of. i cant afford OEM replacements at 250 a side. I want to replace both mufflers due to age if at all possible.

I hope that answered your question. thanks for your help

Niterider thanks for the lingo explanation :)

slimvulcanrider 06-30-2011 09:31 AM

look for some Harly mufflers... i think that its thy stock dynas you are looking for.. someone correct me if i am wrong

l3rice 07-01-2011 03:50 PM

I think i get it finally. If i take the goat out the harley exhaust will bolt right up?

slimvulcanrider 07-01-2011 09:24 PM

no.. Harley Mufflers will bolt right up to the goat... if the goat is gone... then i don't have a clue.

OlHossCanada 07-02-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider (Post 179419)
look for some Harly mufflers... i think that its thy stock dynas you are looking for.. someone correct me if i am wrong

I think Kanuck69 has HD Dyna mufflers.
Pretty sure someone has Sportster mufflers.

Start a Want To Buy thread in the SWAP or SELL forum for a set of stock mufflers. Many members may have a set sitting around after changing out for louder aftermarket pipes. Might get them at a very reasonable price.:smiley_th

Good luck.

lphernan 07-02-2011 07:10 PM

l3rice:

Im out in scottsdale and have a similar issue. I de-goated my 750 and now am in search of pipes for it. I have decided on something like the Cobra slash cuts for vn750s which have the back cylinder exhaust cross over to the right side. Right now I'm running a stock muffler and a 13 inch muffler I picked up from JC whitney a long time ago till I find what I want or make it, no hurry. What I have found is pretty much any pipe with 1 3/4 inside diameter could work with some extra work.