Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   ANother minor issue (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/18680-another-minor-issue.html)

Toddmurdoch 06-11-2011 06:56 PM

ANother minor issue

Hey guys , one more that could be multiple thibngs so I put it in the general category.

Im having some issues with the rear cylinder, it works but feeling the straight pipes theres definitely less pressure blowing out and when I am riding its like I can feel and hear it kicking in ant a little higher rpms

I checked for spark and there was, but there was also unburnt fuel on the plug

anyways just looking for ideas (this place is batting 100% so far, so going for it again) :-)

Toddmurdoch 06-11-2011 07:56 PM

Once i get to a certain rpm it seems to be operating Ok, it seems that once i level off at any certain rpm it goes back to not running fully

Just trying to get as many details to you guys as pssible

OlHossCanada 06-12-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddmurdoch (Post 176830)
Once i get to a certain rpm it seems to be operating Ok, it seems that once i level off at any certain rpm it goes back to not running fully

Just trying to get as many details to you guys as pssible

Your opening sentence seems to contradict itself.:confused:
SO IS IT: "Once i get to a certain rpm it seems to be operating Ok," ?
OR IS IT: "it seems that once i level off at any certain rpm it goes back to not running fully".?

Please explain more fully what you mean.

Is the engine pulling strong and even until you get to "a certain rpm", then it starts to miss or "not run fully" as you phrase it, when you ease up on the throttle and hold your speed steady?

Toddmurdoch 06-12-2011 01:24 AM

Ok sorry if i wasnt very clear, at an idol its like the cylinder is barely operating then as im accellerating under load it sounds pretty normal then once i hit my desired speed and im not accellerating anymore its like it goes away again.

OlHossCanada 06-12-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddmurdoch (Post 176866)
Ok sorry if i wasnt very clear, at an idol its like the cylinder is barely operating then as im accellerating under load it sounds pretty normal then once i hit my desired speed and im not accellerating anymore its like it goes away again.

I`m no expert, but it sounds like a carb problem. Maybe a dirty jet.

My only suggestion is to try draining the rear carb bowl.
Spray some carb cleaner in the drain to back flush the jets.
Drain the cleaner from the bowl.
Fire it up and let it run until the rear cylinder is fueled up and running smoothly.
Then a test ride. :smiley_th
Hope that helps.

Toddmurdoch 06-12-2011 02:20 AM

yeha i got the carbs pulled already, y first time ever seein the inside of a carb but i think I can pull it off, thanks again hoss

clock152 06-12-2011 11:09 AM

try the coil relay mod to get a little hotter spark and Iradium plugs as well.

Knifemaker 06-12-2011 12:10 PM

Yes, sounds like a clogged pilot jet... Take a thin strand of wire and see if you can poke it clean.