Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Dumb Q: Using center stand (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/16562-dumb-q-using-center-stand.html)

RobertGary1 11-08-2010 07:41 PM

Dumb Q: Using center stand

Warning: Dump question

What is the best way to put the bike on the center stand? I'm a pretty big guy any way you measure it but I have trouble getting the bike on the center stand. My method has been to push down on the stand's footing on the left side, stand up, and pull the bike back and up. However, most of the time, about 1/2 way up I lose my balance and the bike comes back down. I'm a big enough guy that the weight of the bike isn't significant so I'm not worried about dropping it.

-Robert

Mcneuby 11-08-2010 08:09 PM

I'm not a really big guy, The way I do it is to get off the bike and take a hold of the seat side rail and and stand on the center stand foot pad and lift. It goes really easy that way. It works for me.

Mcneuby

denny6006 11-08-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertGary1 (Post 155069)
Warning: Dump question

What is the best way to put the bike on the center stand? I'm a pretty big guy any way you measure it but I have trouble getting the bike on the center stand. My method has been to push down on the stand's footing on the left side, stand up, and pull the bike back and up. However, most of the time, about 1/2 way up I lose my balance and the bike comes back down. I'm a big enough guy that the weight of the bike isn't significant so I'm not worried about dropping it.

-Robert

I always got off and faced the bike and with the side stand down stood it up and put my right foot on the stand,steadied the bars with my left hand and stepped down firmly once the stand touched the ground and up it went.

Then I did the hokey pokey and turned myself around and that is what it's all about LOL

ksmnet 11-08-2010 08:23 PM

The VN750 is one of th easiest bikes I've ever had to put on the center stand. If you want to do it the hard way, you stay straddled on the seat. Just do as Mcneuby said, and get off to do it.

Bronson 11-08-2010 09:09 PM

I'm a relatively small guy, but can use the centerstand. You have to mash down on the centerstand with your foot. Put some weight on the stand with your foot. A little lift on the sissy bar rail and your up.
Remember to have the bike straight up when you are doing this. Pushing down on the stand is the key.

Chris and Shim 11-08-2010 09:25 PM

I for one have never been able to do it. Technique, I suppose. Even after reading the assorted threads on this I still can't get it up (no pun intended).

KIMMERLING 11-08-2010 09:34 PM

Keep the bike straight up or your energy will be wasted. You need all the weight of the bike to help push the stand into the ground(create friction) and it will dig and pop the bike up simultaneously lifting with rt hand.

FlacoLove 11-08-2010 11:59 PM

deleted

n2omike 11-09-2010 12:20 AM

Yep. Stand on the centerstand while pulling up below the seat.
Put ALL your weight on the centerstand, and it will pop right up, no problem.
Do NOT be afraid of the bike falling over.

Good Luck!

kc_matt 11-09-2010 01:37 AM

And if you're still not gettin it... check out the VIDEO in this thread. Take it easy.