Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Foliage Ride pictures. (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/16250-foliage-ride-pictures.html)

baldy 10-02-2010 09:04 PM

Foliage Ride pictures.

These were taken today during a 200 mile ride in the mountains 10 miles from the NH and Canadian border. I am just starting to warm up even though I was bundled up very well. My temp guage did not come off the bottom except when riding through a town but then went back to bottom when out on the roads. BRRRRRRR!!! Yes the temp gauge works. haha

If you look at the Mountain in the background in the 1st and 2nd pic is what our destination was and then around it. What a ride despite the 55 degrees plus wind chill.

Anyone has any pics, post away so we can see the different parts of the country.

cglennon 10-02-2010 09:23 PM

I do miss New England this time of year, the foliage, fall festivals and colors. After 45 years living in the Boston area, dramatic seasonal changes becomes part of the cycle. Fall in NE was always my favorite. Portland, OR has a fall, but it is much less dramatic and the winters here are benign in comparison. I also miss skiing at Sugar Loaf, Sunday River and North Conway (and x-country at Mt. Washington/Brenton Woods).

Thanks for the pictures! More please if you have them.

baldy 10-02-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cglennon (Post 151643)
I do miss New England this time of year, the foliage, fall festivals and colors. After 45 years living in the Boston area, dramatic seasonal changes becomes part of the cycle. Fall in NE was always my favorite. Portland, OR has a fall, but it is much less dramatic and the winters here are benign in comparison. I also miss skiing at Sugar Loaf, Sunday River and North Conway (and x-country at Mt. Washington/Brenton Woods).

We rode around Sugarloaf and Rangley area. Unfortunately the folks I was riding with weren't so into stopping frequently for pictures but I am planning a solo coastal ride this week and will get more pics then.

phurp 10-02-2010 10:41 PM

Great pics. Pretty country and mountains. Long way to go, but I would love to ride there some day.

KIMMERLING 10-02-2010 11:03 PM

Beautiful pics man.I wonder if a windshield would take the edge off?

EasyRector 10-03-2010 12:06 AM

Sweet shots of God's very good creation. Thanks for sharing.

OlHossCanada 10-03-2010 12:18 AM

Looks like the foothills country of the Rockies an hour or so west of me. BEAUTIFUL.

dirtrack650 10-03-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cglennon (Post 151643)

You got to head out HWY 26 to the coast or up to Black Butte / Sisters the next few weeks. Down the gorge HWY 84 is good to this time of year.

DT

baldy 10-03-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIMMERLING (Post 151654)
Beautiful pics man.I wonder if a windshield would take the edge off?

Yeah I'm thinking next time the windshield will go on. It wasn't bad when we headed out but I didn't take into consideration of the temp drop at higher altitudes. Lesson learned. lol

cglennon 10-03-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 151650)
We rode around Sugarloaf and Rangley area. Unfortunately the folks I was riding with weren't so into stopping frequently for pictures but I am planning a solo coastal ride this week and will get more pics then.

Sugarloaf is a good stop with great views and a beautiful golf course. Gepettos at Sugarloaf use to make the best cheeseburger soup and bloody marys (virgin if you are riding of course!).