Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   How do you adjust/fill your airhawk pad? (and my brief review) (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/15335-how-do-you-adjust-fill-your-airhawk-pad-my-brief-review.html)

sheepdog 07-06-2010 03:36 AM

How do you adjust/fill your airhawk pad? (and my brief review)

Took my new airhawk pad for a 420 mile spin today:

1. the zipper stinks. Had to fight with it twice to get it zipped properly
2. seat is way more comfortable, but still had posterior/tailbone pain.

So, for those that have an Airhawk seatpad, how do you use yours? How full? Do you sit in the middle or towards the back edge? Have you done anything to mod it? (I am considering adding a foam pad with a tailbone cutout to slide into the cover)

slimvulcanrider 07-06-2010 04:25 AM

hence the reason I made my own seat... nothing fits every one the same, the only way to get a perfectly comfortable seat is to have one specially made to you.. but that cost lots of money... unless you make your own.

msh1156 07-06-2010 02:24 PM

Slim - I think he was asking for advice on the Airhawk... not the seat.

On to that... I sit in the middle, but I have placed my AH back a bit more so it covers the lower half of the seat rise. Adjusting the air with it in that position helps out. Fill it up, then sit on the thing in riding position, letting the air out slowly until it's not like sitting on a balloon anymore. Hope that helps. Love the Hawk.

slimvulcanrider 07-06-2010 03:13 PM

i know he was.. but I hated my AH so bad it ended up in the dumpster less than a week after purchase. Hence why I posted my thoughts on a custom seat.

Pick 07-06-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepdog (Post 142441)
Took my new airhawk pad for a 420 mile spin today:

1. the zipper stinks. Had to fight with it twice to get it zipped properly
2. seat is way more comfortable, but still had posterior/tailbone pain.

So, for those that have an Airhawk seatpad, how do you use yours? How full? Do you sit in the middle or towards the back edge? Have you done anything to mod it? (I am considering adding a foam pad with a tailbone cutout to slide into the cover)

I put mine smack in the middle of my Mustang seat, so the front is just short of touching the tank. Just enough air so your tush isn't touching the seat. Most people put too much air in it. You just need a little bit. I never had any trouble with the zipper.

It has made it possible for me to ride as far as I want. I no longer have to stop when my butt gets sore, because it doesn't.

Spriddle 07-06-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider (Post 142443)
nothing fits every one the same, the only way to get a perfectly comfortable seat is to have one specially made to you.. but that cost lots of money... unless you make your own.

Interesting statement, as this is the reason people buy the air hawk seat pad, because it is fully adjustable to your liking. Just do as others here have described, fully air it up and loosely tighten the valve. place it on the seat where you feel most comfortable with it and slowly let the air out till it feels right to you. As for the zipper,nothing a little wd-40 cant fix.
Another great advantage to the air hawk,that you don't get from a custom seat,is that it lets air pass between you and the seat,really nice on those hot ,long ride days.

denny6006 07-07-2010 01:19 AM

And today was one of those days.I have been thinking a bout takking my air cushion that I sit on while turkey hunting and strapping it to my seat and trying it. It has the adjustable air valve as well and if it helps I will probably spend the money for the air hawk,sort of a try before you buy deal.I know this cushion is comfortable and if it helps some ,one purpose built for a bike will be even better.Looks like a plan anyway.