Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Mustang Seat info (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/15131-mustang-seat-info.html)

Flap1 06-18-2010 10:13 AM

Mustang Seat info

Those of you who have a Mustang seat:

Is it wider than the stock seat?

If it is wider, does it make it more difficult to get your feet flat footed?

Does it change your riding position relative to the stock seat? (up/down/forward/back)

Is it significantly more comfortable than the stock seat?

I am considering looking for one depending on the feedback here.

flitecontrol 06-18-2010 10:43 AM

I probably only put 300-500 miles on the bike with the stock seat, so my memory is a little hazy on some of your questions.

Is it wider than the stock seat? Maybe a little bit.

If it is wider, does it make it more difficult to get your feet flat footed? Don't think so. I'm 6' with 31" inseam and flat footing is not a problem.

Does it change your riding position relative to the stock seat? (up/down/forward/back) Not sure, but if it does, not by much.

Is it significantly more comfortable than the stock seat? Oh, yeah. Did a couple of nine hour days on a recent trip and my rear was still OK at the end of the day. Fifty miles on the stock seat was extremely uncomfortable.

Mustang seats show up here on the forum every now and then, and some have found them on craigslist. Here's a link to a national craigslist search engine: http://www.craigs-list-search.com/

fergy 06-18-2010 11:45 AM

I'm 5-9 and when adding the mustang to mine it didn't seem to change anything as far as flat footing, or stance. It did however make the bike sooooo much more comfortable. Add floorboards and a backrest and you will be in Vulcan heaven.

Flap1 06-18-2010 08:42 PM

I forgot to ask, do you know if the Mustang seat will work with the Kawasaki extended backrest?

cm4cm5 06-18-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flap1 (Post 140666)
I forgot to ask, do you know if the Mustang seat will work with the Kawasaki extended backrest?

yes it will. the protac drivers backrest will work also.

robardin 06-21-2010 12:45 PM

I got my used '94 VN750 with the Mustang saddle on it before I even knew what it was, and it's great! I found I had to drill out some of the seat pan on the Mustang saddle when adding the luggage rack, though; the bolts for the rack made it so the bolt for the back of the seat (that goes through behind the document case/tool box behind the pillion back rest) didn't line up at all.

EQPlayer 06-21-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flap1 (Post 140615)
Those of you who have a Mustang seat:

Is it wider than the stock seat?

Yes.

Quote:

If it is wider, does it make it more difficult to get your feet flat footed?

No.

Quote:

Does it change your riding position relative to the stock seat? (up/down/forward/back)

No.

Quote:

Is it significantly more comfortable than the stock seat?

OMFG YES!!!!! Stock, 2 hour ride = pain. Mustang, 12 hour ride = bliss.

Quote:

I am considering looking for one depending on the feedback here.

Get one if you can, check ebay or craigslist. Sadly, Mustang no longer makes them. Corbin still makes VN750 seats (or did, last I checked), don't know about them though.

ericausand 06-21-2010 03:29 PM

Try saddlemen

3 Attachment(s)
I just got a saddlemen seat and I love it!

It took a few days to break in but it's nice now!

This saddle does raise the bike but you can specify what you want before they build your seat.

I think it was a hundred bucks less than the corbin, So 350 or so.

The lead time is ridiculous so patience will be needed if you do order one.

Good Luck !

accord_guy 06-22-2010 09:47 AM

The main thing it does is it removes the slanted part of the stock seat that grinds on the tailbone.

thom1 06-24-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericausand (Post 140871)
I just got a saddlemen seat and I love it!

It took a few days to break in but it's nice now!

This saddle does raise the bike but you can specify what you want before they build your seat.

I think it was a hundred bucks less than the corbin, So 350 or so.

The lead time is ridiculous so patience will be needed if you do order one.

Good Luck !

is there a part # for that?
I can't find it on their website