Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   What To Expect (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/15005-what-expect.html)

KwisatzHaderach 06-08-2010 11:53 AM

What To Expect

Well I guess my laziness almost got me. I got the brake lever and tail light installed that I got on ebay this morning. I decided that I should check my tire pressure while I was at it. Good thing I did.

When I bought the bike, I could not understand why the PO said I would only get about 3K out of a set of tires. Today, I found out. My front pressure was 10psi, and the rear was 15psi. I guess that is why the bike felt like it handled doggy to me, even though everyone else on the forum talked about how nimble it was. I also bumped up the preload on the shocks while I was at it.

What kind of handling changes should I expect?

Rogue 06-08-2010 11:55 AM

I would imagine it will feel twitchy after being so soft. You should be fine after a ride or two.

Chavisimo 06-08-2010 12:34 PM

The road will seem bumpy but the handling should increase a LOT. Honestly, I can't see how you made it around turns with so little air pressure in the tires. I would think the rims would have sparked up at night time haha.

KwisatzHaderach 06-08-2010 02:21 PM

Oh snap! Its a totally new bike now. I don't have to hardly slow down for curves as much as before. Also it does not feel like it wants to fall over all the time while I am riding. I also don't have to hold on for dear life because it goes so well. Taking off while turning is awesome now. I bet I could make it pass the box test now lol.

I took it for a 20 mile ride, and got it inspected. Actually more, but that is for another thread.

baldy 06-08-2010 02:27 PM

The first thing I always do before riding i check the tires pressure, shocks pressure and vital fluids. This would happen especially if I just got the bike from someone else, but I know how excitement can cancel out comonsence. lol Plus if the bike sat for a long time tires and shocks will lose some air anyways.

KwisatzHaderach 06-08-2010 02:52 PM

Yeah, I should have really checked the little things better. Your right Baldy, I have been too excited to check what I needed. I am glad I took the time too before having an accident. I am sure it would have been easy to do on those pressures. I will make this a weekly habit now.

My wife just lost her job, so I am glad I have this bike. I have to loose the mini van, and just keep my truck. I will get a lot more of bike time, while using it as my primary form of transportation in the summer, weather permitting.

Now, I just need to pick up some better pipes cheap before cash gets tight lol. I got some Iso Grips in the mail now, with that and a set of pipes, my bike will be just the way I want it.

baldy 06-08-2010 03:42 PM

Just the way you want it for now. lol I have said that ummmmm for 7 years now til I think of something else to do to it/them. There is a set of cobra cross overs pipes in the sell or swap thread. Get them before their gone. lol

The other benefit to riding your bike more then the truck is better gas mileage. Allways a good thing. :smiley_th

KwisatzHaderach 06-08-2010 04:15 PM

I did reply to that. I told him if he had them when I get paid again, I would take them. I am not sure if they will last till a week from friday lol.

Your not kidding about the milage. It only costs me about 4.00 a week to ride to work, instead of 35.00 to run the truck for a week.

KwisatzHaderach 06-08-2010 04:48 PM

I forgot about an engine guard lol.

baldy 06-08-2010 05:03 PM

Engine guards on ebay around $100.