Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Grilled by a Car... (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/10931-grilled-car.html)

capt_napalm 05-11-2009 08:04 PM

I got grilled by a car today...

Hey guys,

I got grilled by a car that ran a stop sign today. She didn't even slowdown or anything, she totally ran the stop sign. Remarkably I'm ok. A broken foot and some scrapes but nothing major. My bike on the other hand isn't so great. smashed up windshield, punctured radiator, bent handle bars, dented tank, broken pegs, and blinkers... the list goes on an on. On the plus side, I haven't bought the new v&h pipes that I wanted to get yet so at least that $$ wasn't wasted.

One question that I do have is does anyone know if the insurance company of the driver at fault will replace my helmet, leathers, and laptop which were smashed up in the crash? I'll send in some pics of my bike if I can get my wife to go and get some....

cliffhusn 05-11-2009 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear about the crash, that could have been so much worse, you're banged up but alive. Not sure about what the insurance would cover, never really thought about it, please post the answer, it'd be good info to stick in the back of my mind.

Glad to hear you're ok - lot's of Vulcan 750's out there for sale, get another with the V&H already installed....

crznurs 05-11-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_napalm (Post 96805)
Hey guys,
One question that I do have is does anyone know if the insurance company of the driver at fault will replace my helmet, leathers, and laptop which were smashed up in the crash? I'll send in some pics of my bike if I can get my wife to go and get some....

I have wondered the same. I ride with the laptop on occasion. Please post the answer. I hope it is favorable. But the most important thing is you live to ride another day!

Old Dog 05-11-2009 09:00 PM

Hey, don't wonder, they will be glad to replace everything damaged in the crash if she was at fault, all you need to do is squeeeeezzzzzeee........lol...
Have a god one...Old Dog...

antiq 05-11-2009 09:18 PM

Wow! So glad to know that you weren't hurt too badly. Insurance is supposed to pay restitution. All things broken fixed or replaced. If they try otherwise hire an attorney and they can pay for him too. I hope you heal quickly and fully.

750Doug 05-11-2009 09:27 PM

Don't know the answer, but I'm glad you're (mostly) ok. T-boned by a car that was supposed to stop....Jeez.

Get better soon.

fergy 05-11-2009 09:32 PM

Oh man! That could have been tragic. I'm glad you came out with so minor injuries. What's wrong with people! :doh:

Jace Bror 05-11-2009 09:47 PM

Yeah insurance should cover all your kit. Anything safety equipment is covered by your insurance. Laptop should be though. your laptop would haven't been damaged if they hadn't hit you, and you have the right to transport things. totally get a lawyer.

phurp 05-11-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffhusn (Post 96809)
Sorry to hear about the crash, that could have been so much worse, you're banged up but alive. Not sure about what the insurance would cover, never really thought about it, please post the answer, it'd be good info to stick in the back of my mind.

Glad to hear you're ok - lot's of Vulcan 750's out there for sale, get another with the V&H already installed....

x2 from Cliff, get well, get your bike fixed or get another bike and get back to riding. best ofluck on your recovery.

VulcanCruizer 05-11-2009 09:50 PM

Glad to hear you're ok. I'm pretty sure her insurance in this case will offer to pay for all of the repairs plus a settlement for pain and suffering right off the bat because you were injured. Be sure to hold out a little not to take advantage of them but see what they will start leveling off at. We all pay into insurance and they never like paying out. I know this for a fact as I was rear ended in my car with a passenger and I only asked for restitution for the vehicle. My passenger got almost $9k in pain and suffering without even needing to go to court and all they had was minor whiplash.