Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   So I took the windshield off today (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/10711-so-i-took-windshield-off-today.html)

Ron_G 04-26-2009 10:32 PM

So I took the windshield off today

Well it's another Jersey spring which means it went from 47 degrees to 87 degrees in 2 days, so I decided to take the windshield off. Yes it a little tougher to ride when I'm up on the highway but in the nice weather I really like riding with no shield. I'll put it back when it turns cool again but until then I'm riding like Old Dog

NO DANG WINDSHIELD! :motorcycl

R

cliffhusn 04-26-2009 10:34 PM

Did the same today and it was great! Won't put it back until it starts to get cold.

msh1156 04-26-2009 10:45 PM

Agreed... since smashing the street shield a few days ago in my little accident I've ridden without a windscreen. I like the view better, there's more breeze and the wind noise is much less violent. Sure, the bugs fouling my visor is a painintheass, but it seems a little more "free" without the screen.

LibertyPilot 04-27-2009 09:11 AM

I rode without the windshield once. Being a relatively new rider, I felt like I was holding on for dear life on the highway. I've since got a protac drivers backrest and love it! The ride is so much more comfortable with the highway pegs, backrest, and no windshield - especially in this unseasonable 90 degree heat...

6204 04-27-2009 03:12 PM

yea first time i rode my bike, i hit 55, and i dont have a windshield or a backrest seat. feels like the wind is gonna knock my off my bike.

EasyRector 04-27-2009 03:58 PM

I like the look of the Vulcan sans windshield. And I also like the breeze when I'm cruising slowly on a hot day. But riding with a PF3 is the practical choice for me, whether I'm touring at highway speeds, riding in the wet stuff, or commuting to work (hoping to arrive with a minimum of bug splatter).

Gemguy 04-27-2009 04:47 PM

I too like the look without the shield and this year I never put it on in the fall. So what little riding I did this winter I was exposed to the elements.

This weekend without the shield was just delightful. Yes there are bugs and specs of sand or dust but it feels great at any speed. All I need is a few degrees and a few rays of sunlight. :motorcycl

bigrepp61 04-27-2009 05:28 PM

winshield..... whats that???

Old Dog 04-28-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrepp61 (Post 94452)
winshield..... whats that???

Its that thing in front of the steering wheel on a cage...lol...
At one time yesterday I wish I had one or something, I went to my summer helmet which is just a regular helmet with face shield, and on a good streight stretch I decided to run Clyde up a bit but when I hit about 95-100 I thought the wind was going to take that helmet or my head off, should have had my full face helmet on it does pretty good in the wind, anyway I still don't know what Clyde will do, but I know he'll do 100...lol... My 03 would do almost 115 and Clyde seems a bit stronger but I don't know... I've gotta get a better or more air friendly summer time helmet..
I know, I know I'm an old idiot...lol...
Have a good one Old Dog...