Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Success! New seating arrangements have been made (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/10650-success-new-seating-arrangements-have-been-made.html)

cliffhusn 04-23-2009 09:40 AM

Success! New seating arrangements have been made

1 Attachment(s)
In my futile effort to find a Mustang seat, new, used, abused, I didn't care, it wouldn't matter once my backside was onboard. I even ordered the not-so-Mustang as it turned out, seat from the UK (which I subsequently cancelled and I'm bloody glad I did). I went on a mission - to get a replacement seat.
After searching Craigslists across the country for any Vulcan 750 for sale with a Mustang seat and responding to each asking if they'd part out the seat; all with no success I might add, I got lucky. No it's not a Mustang, I've concluded that I will go to my grave never having owned one. I did find a brand new, still "on" the box, Corbin two-tone seat in California. Contacted the seller and made arrangements for the purchase and it is on it's way. I'll sit by the window waiting for the big brown truck! Here's a pic, it will look great on my '93 Vulcan and my backside finally can crack a smile (pun intended).

ruger 04-23-2009 12:42 PM

way to go! good for you! you'll have to let us know how you like it.

msh1156 04-23-2009 12:45 PM

I can't decide whether to congratulate you or spam you. Does he have two???

LibertyPilot 04-23-2009 12:52 PM

Good work dude, nice looking seat. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

FlaRider 04-23-2009 12:59 PM

Hey Cliff --

Send photos of the seat on the bike and let us know how you like it!

Nice going, Sir!

letitflight 04-23-2009 02:36 PM

oulala man that looks pretty sweet!
can you have the brown truck deliver it to my house ;) LOL

wib714 04-23-2009 09:07 PM

that does look pretty cozy, kinda like a built in backrest!

cliffhusn 04-23-2009 11:50 PM

I paid $150.00. When he bought the bike it came with this seat still in the box, the new owner liked the looks of the original seat better and decided to part ways with this one. I happened to hit craigslist the day of the posting. I've been shopping craigslist for several weeks asking owner who were selling their bikes with Mustangs to sell me the Mustang, I even offered to send one of my 2 OEM Projects seats for free in return so they'd have a seat on the bike when they sold it. I had no takers.

Jace Bror 04-24-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffhusn (Post 93824)
When he bought the bike it came with this seat still in the box, the new owner liked the looks of the original seat better and decided to part ways with this one.

did the owner ever ride it with the OEM seat?
Man the day I got my bike and rode it home, I was regretting it. Just because of the seat. One of the main reasons I fell in love with this bike at a dealer was because of the seat. Turns out that particular bike had a Mustang, I just didn't know it. I thought it was stock, until about a month ago when I was looking through pics I had taken of that bike at the dealer. Unfortuantly I didn't buy that bike.

cliffhusn 04-24-2009 01:14 AM

When I talked with him last evening he didn't indicate that he had done much riding with the OEM seat. He just didn't like the looks of this one and opted to keep the OEM.