Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   There goes my masculinity :-) (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/10524-there-goes-my-masculinity.html)

PoggiPj 04-14-2009 01:59 PM

There goes my masculinity :-)

Ok,
I can deal with the inadequate charging system, the acct issue, the backfiring..even a dry spline. But when someone calls my Vulcan750 a "LADIES" bike!!!??? That's it. I'm off to the HD stealership! LOL

Someone has their VN750 up on eBay, and says... ".IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR A FIRST TIME BIKE OR A LADY"

Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/ladysbike

Jace Bror 04-14-2009 02:01 PM

I bought mine from a woman.

jthill524 04-14-2009 02:08 PM

I think for a Good First Time I'd choose.....

Give me a sec.............

Hum.........

I Choose.......... A Lady, with Bike a close 2nd.

:p:pepper::p:pepper::p

Crobins365 04-14-2009 02:39 PM

Those of us on the distaff side believe that your bike was just paid a nice complement. :)

denny6006 04-14-2009 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=PoggiPj;92064]Ok,
I can deal with the inadequate charging system, the acct issue, the backfiring..even a dry spline. But when someone calls my Vulcan750 a "LADIES" bike!!!??? That's it. I'm off to the HD stealership! LOL

I have owned the so called mans bike and while I liked it a lot It was a lot more ,,,,,Primitive than the VN 750,about the only thing I really miss is the backup kicker,But then again I haven't needed one with this bike yet either,my nephew on the other hand has battery issues all the time with his '05,mostly because he doesn't ride it enough and keeps buying cheap batteries I suspect,Denny

theauhawk 04-14-2009 03:33 PM

First, the source of your concern here lacks credibility--note in the listing that their Ebay "reputation" is a dismal 85%....not very good by Ebay standards at all--and I certainly wouldn't buy a bike (or most anything else) from them with that score.

While the VN750 can indeed make a good lady's bike, I think you've touched onto something that is evidence of a trend that is more fundamentally problematic.

In the cruiser world, certain insidious trends have taken place over the last decade or so.

One of them of course is the complete disappearance of production bikes like (or similar to) our beloved 750.

Another is that some riders out there feel if a cruiser isn't packing at least 1300--1500 cc's of engine (or bigger), it is then really "only a lady's bike". Indeed, the engine size has become at least a partial manifestation of their "manliness" and is (in their minds, anyway) a validation of their "ability" to handle a "real" bike.

Fortunately, those who participate in this forum seem to be of more substance than that...

I hope you truly see past this farce, and hang on to your VN750 and ride it with pride, as it is really the last production bike of its kind. It is truly a bike for those who "dare to be different".....:rockon:

hyperbuzzin 04-14-2009 04:31 PM

And the VN750 (so called) 'ladies bike' will take on a lot of the bigger bikes and happily rumble on as it passes them!!!!

And I can't count the number of times I've seen so called 'men' drop their big manly bikes, only to need help in getting back on two wheels!! LMAO!!!
Or how whopped they are after a hundred mile start to a ride because they're shaken to death as they ride!! LMAO again!!!

But yeah, it is a great bike for begginers, as well as advanced riders alike.
Only those who have never ridded a Vulcan 750 are the ones who say it's only a starter or ladies bike.
To them I say....Pffft....whatever. :loser1:

OlHossCanada 04-14-2009 05:01 PM

I`ve loved the sight and sound of a Harley since the `60s when I had my first ride on one. It was 74 CID which is 1200 cc, and was the biggest engine the Motor Company made. I believe the first Goldwings back in the late `70s or early `80s were 1000 cc, or maybe 1100. These were big powerful bikes at the time. The Harley WLA was a 45 CID side valve (750 cc flathead) which was produced by the tens of thousands during WWII for the US military. This was where tens of thousands of GIs learned to ride, and created the demand for civilian bikes when they came home. Nobody is going to call their masculinity into question. Our 750`s are twice the bike any of Harleys were then and for at least a couple of decades thereafter. Unfortunately nowdays a bike of eleven or twelve hundred cc is considered a mid-sized bike.

I think theauhawk has summed it up pretty well in the last post, when he says those on the vn750 forum have more substance than to be caught up with this idea that bigger is always better. I`m sure that for 90% of the riding that I will ever do, my Vulcan will be more than I need. Long live the VN 750!!!

msh1156 04-14-2009 05:19 PM

There is a Harley Davidson dealership holding an Anniversary Bash this weekend nearby Charlotte, NC, which includes a poker run, live music, food and what not. I'm waffling on going - 70y/30n. They say it's for anyone, that the bike doesn't matter. I am suspect of that claim. I have no experience with this sort of thing and I want to participate and go on what would be my first group ride and event, but not knowing any other riders yet, plus riding on the lot on a "non-harley-less-than-1500cc-girls-bike" I'm worried I may draw some unnecessary shyte and get my widdle feewings hurt.

dutter 04-14-2009 05:23 PM

the sportster (skirtster) has the reputation of being a girls bike but many men drive them also.